Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my fuel lines because they're rusty and likely about to fall apart. My mechanic's quote is around $400 (he noted them during inspection, albeit it passed). I want to keep this car on the road as there is nothing otherwise wrong with it mechanically and drives great for it's age, plus I could not replace it with an equivalent vehicle for what it is currently worth. So it looks like a DIY job.

The problem is I'm not entirely sure how to get to these lines and actually replace them due to not knowing exactly where they run on the car. Any help there, or are they easy to find (not had time to get under the car)?

Next, they lines are not made anymore, so it would have to be custom made (not going this route), but would it be worth it to try and salvage some off a car in a junk yard or would it not be worth the effort?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Would it be worth it to salvage some fuel lines from a junker though or not? It has suddenly become really apparent that $400 is not viable to put in this car atm due to other expenses. What would be involved in making/installing new fuel line myself (Still not been able to get under the car, probably be able to until the weekend due to it being rainy and the car being parked outside), along with what is the proper type of line to buy for this car?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Copper tubing or plastic fuel line. No point in salvaging them from a junkyard car. Chances are you wont get them out in one piece.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
wow! it only took 12 years from the OP for me to run into this issue
wheres the pics?!? where's more instructions on how-to
here's a pic of mine, one of many

1 - 5 of 5 Posts