Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys replacing the O2 sensor in my car after getting a diagnostic pulled on it from good ole auto zone.

I bought the O2 sensor 4-wire and no i am trying to track down the old O2 sensor however i am having a bit of trouble.

I searched the forums but i could only find topics and locations on camry model toyotas.

My car is a 2003 Toyota Corolla.

Any help provided would be great.

Thanks,

B

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
what was the code? you're trying to find the actual physical location of the O2 sensor? there are actually two O2 sensors, one is right on the header and the other is on the exhaust pipe just after the first bend and before the 2nd catalytic converter.

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
^^^ probably is, I don't think Autozone carries Denso parts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it from ebay its a universal 4 wire that i soldered to my old plug wires. Cost was 20, i looked at o reily's auto parts and the told me 125 for a denso direct plug in really do not have that kinda of cash for a little part.

The brand model from ebay said it was Standard Motor Products.

I replaced the O2 sensor by the firewall much like the other post stated, however i did not realize these have 2 oxygen sensors, so i might have to replace the other as well.

Where is the second O2 sensor located i know the other post stated its on the headers of the car, but i did not see it the other day?

Do i need to take the plastics off the header in order to get to it?

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'll get denso sensors when i can till then i am just trying to get rid of the code so the check engine light goes turns off and get sensors replaced.

Anyone have any info on how i can locate or what i need to take off to get to the other sensor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts