Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on 03 camry and I was being stupid the other day and broke off the right door mirror from the car. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to replace this thing. It broke the black piece in the inside as well to. Please let me know

Thanks for the help.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
1. order new mirror from dealer
2. remove cover plate on inside of car
3. disconnect wiring at plug
4. remove nuts holding mirror in place
5. install new mirror, attach, reconnect wiring, and replace cover

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2011 camry and need to replace the mirror. While passing an suv to park in a lot the pax door of the suv swung open taking off the rt side mirror. It broke the plastic piece that attaches to the door. The painted shell 2 screw attachments were seared off. The mirror dropped to the ground but was not broken. I epoxied the bracket and reinforced the repair with a piece of fabric coated with epoxy. Glued back the shell attachment points too. The mirror has 4 attachment points. The bottom 2 seem to angle into the bottom of the bracket and the top 2 are a press fit into the frame but do not seem to expand out to catch the square holes. I am thinking to use double sided tape at the top edge. Any other ideas? The suv driver is willing to have it repaired. I got 2 auto body estimates at $289 and $333 . the Whole mirror assembly is only 30-40 bucks -paint to match on ebay or Rockauto. . Painting seems to be the major cost.. I found a "junk yard one in my "776" aloe green color for $75 which the offender is willing to purchase. I don't want to risk losing the mirror if it pops out while heading down the highway at 60 mph.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My side mirror was hit by a rolling stone from a big truck. I did use super glue, and I add a few plastic to strength it, inside the plastic cover. if you don't pay attention, you almost cannot find it. It last for about two years now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts