Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just thinking if the foglight feature on the scepter headlight can be done on regular usdm headlights on the gen3. if a dual filament bulb were installed in the high beam socket, then some re-wiring done, would this be at all possible? maybe utilizing a switch if necessary? furthermore, would aiming the bulb also be a potential problem?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope it's possible. I have the scepter headlights and am going to have to adapt them to a USDM camry....no clue as to how to do it yet though.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ok... my thread is being jacked :eek::. aside from going the projector route... is it possible to fabricate a foglight feature in the high beam slot of the usdm headlight?. and if it is possible, what might you have to do to get it done right.

of course if i had the patience and the money i would do projectors.... but right now thats not gonna happen :(

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
un hook the red wire w/black stripe and cap it off cause the white wire w/black stripe will be your new ground.

then connect the red wire for the low beam to the end for the low beam on the bulb and the red for the high beam on the high side of the bulb.
and just repaet it to the other side. but the other side uses a red wire with a yellow stripe.

i just answered two questions with one:thumbup: :D

as for adding the amber fog light get a set of after market fog lights that are small enough to fit. or you can send me the money for new headlights and materials and i can make you a set.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you cant wire the high beam bulb to make that your foglight?

what im looking to do is make the foglight feature with what is already there, without adding any sort of extra foglight or projector. get what i mean? or am i not reading your post right... :confused:

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
When ever I can dig up a set of Gen 3.5 scepter lights and get the cash up....Im gunna do a retro fit. Just retro fit your stock lights first :) Stock parts - guinea pigs.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ damn.

so what would you do if you had the 1 piece headlights? how would you wire those?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you wire your lights like 2wickedtoyz says, you will really just have one high/low beam and one running light. On the scepter headlight, there is a yellow plastic shroud that the fog bulb slides into, which gives it its yellow color. I guess the lexus headlights w/ yellow fog work the same way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts