Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! I am new to the forum, and hopefully am not posting something that has already been asked.

My 2005 Rav4 recently died, and upon checking the battery, alternator, and replacing the starter(I've had starter issues before with this model), the vehicle still would not turn over. Upon getting another pair of eyes & hands to help with the problem, a coolant hose was broken(I already have the required part numbers for this one), just a t connector replacement. There is, however, a much thinner hose coming from a dipstick near the starter(far front-right under hood) which goes over the starter, and down into a spot near the starter, which also seems to have broken. I cannot find any information or reliable images(I also have no images, and no way atm to return to my vehicle.) that fits this issue. The hose connects near a small electrical connection directly adjacent to the starter. I will post an image that gives the closest view to what I'm speaking of. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've been crawling forums and manuals for about two hours now and can't find anything. The Red circle is the T connector to be replaced, the blue is the area where the starter is, as well as the hose in question, it is ribbed.

many thanks, and safe travels!

Attachments

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

So you need the part number fer the T connector? Do you know where the hoses from the T connector go to? This will help in finding out what the part number might be. Have you tried with the dealership? ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts