Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jason
2019 Camry XSE 2.5
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever thought to try and swap the usb port that is below the radio to one of the USB ports in the center console? I have a '19 XSE with the base audio.

I am thinking about this because I would rather have my iPhone cable come out of the center console when using CarPlay instead of having the little door open on the front USB port.

I'm not too inclined with wiring or dismantling my center console/radio, but if any of you know if this is possible at all, that would be awesome and I will know where to go from there!

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I absolutely have thought of it. Unfortunately, I'm in MN and don't have a heated shop to work in, so I haven't tackled it yet.
I have a SE, which doesn't have any ports in the center console; only the single usb and the 12v outlet - but I'd like to hard wire a hub with two ports in the console - one for phone and one for USB flash drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I absolutely have thought of it. Unfortunately, I'm in MN and don't have a heated shop to work in, so I haven't tackled it yet.
I have a SE, which doesn't have any ports in the center console; only the single usb and the 12v outlet - but I'd like to hard wire a hub with two ports in the console - one for phone and one for USB flash drive.
Would Carplay work with your phone? I tried buying a splitter for my Avalon- the USB worked OK, but my phone connected as an iPod. Carplay did not work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts