Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has done this but firgured I'd post it. I just recently boght a 2001 camry and the interior was, while in pretty good shape, really dirty. The previous owner was a mechanic and he somehow managed to get grease and dirt all over the place including the floor/floor mats.

I was cleaning up the interior and decided to attempt to get the floor mats looking nice again. I pressure washed them, let them dry, went back and used a carpet cleaner on them that I worked in with a brush and then went back for spot treatments as best as I could. I didnt take any before pictures because I didnt really plan on posting any of this.

Anyways, after cleaning them, I realized how dull and faded the "CAMRY" letters were. The fix: Sharpie! I just took a regular fine tip black sharpie and carefully went over each of the letters. I think it looks great and figured I would share with you all.

Before:

Before(right) vs After(left):

End result:

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
553 Posts
Nice!

Kind of amazing that something made over 20 years ago, for the floor, would still be even serviceable, much less good looking today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

Kind of amazing that something made over 20 years ago, for the floor, would still be even serviceable, much less good looking today.
Yeah, definitely. I tried to get them as clean as possible. The passenger and rears all looked nearly new but the driver's side has some (very understandable) wear from where the right heel naturally rests while driving. Its not stained but the carpet material has actually worn thin. Other than that they all turned out great.

·
Various Toyotas
4,699 Posts
Replaced a totally ruined Gen 3 Camry carpet with one from the junkyard (photo on left). Cost about $25. I used a combination of laundry deterent (less suds) mixed with OxiClean powder (and also put H2O2 on some spots) and water, of course, with a good scrub brush and put 3 hours of elbow grease into it. Used a wet/dry vac on it (you should have seen the dirty water when I drained it out!) and let it thoroughly dry under a fan. Looks somewhat similar to your cleaned floor mats. Not bad for $25.

Before and After photos:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced a ruined Gen 3 Camry carpet with one from the junkyard. Cost about $25. I used a combination of laundry deterent (less suds) mixed with OxiClean powder (and also put H2O2 on some spots) and water, of course, with a good scrub brush and put 3 hours of elbow grease into it. Used a wet/dry vac on it (you should have seen the dirty water when I drained it out!) and let it thoroughly dry under a fan. Looks somewhat similar to your cleaned floor mats. Not bad for $25.

Before and After photos:

View attachment 292606 View attachment 292608
Very nice! I don't think I will go through the trouble of pulling out my carpet at this point. Im just going to scrub away with some carpet cleaner and a brush for awhile and try to get as much of the gunk up as possible. But in reality, the factory floor mats for these cars are pretty large and cover almost all of the carpet so it already looks much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts