Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 GTS and when i first get on it like if its a few min after i start my car then sometimes it will hit the rev limiter at 7000 when its supposed to kick in at about 7800. Is this normal and some kind of saftey development or is it a problem?:confused:

·
Immortal
332 Posts
2000GTS said:
i have a 2000 GTS and when i first get on it like if its a few min after i start my car then sometimes it will hit the rev limiter at 7000 when its supposed to kick in at about 7800. Is this normal and some kind of saftey development or is it a problem?:confused:
Are you letting the car warm up? It's a safety mechanism to prevent idiots from abusing and breaking their cars...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car sit for about 3-5 min before i drove.......the rpms dropped but im not sure if it was warm. this occured after i started the engine so it may be the problem....thanks

·
^
4,197 Posts
Re: Re: Rev Limiter problems

Kwanza said:
Are you letting the car warm up? It's a safety mechanism to prevent idiots from abusing and breaking their cars...

:lol:

Start the car, let it idle for a min until the revs drop down a bit. Put it in gear and drive for about 10 mins not running any gear up past 4000 RPM, your car is now warmed up. Watch for mishifts with the pre-2003 GTS' shift gates, they're common at the limits of disappearing talent.

·
Registered
443 Posts
dont tac your car that high.. end of story..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car should be warm as soon as i start drivin i sit in my car until the rpm's are normal and then drive for a while before i get on it...but im not worried about it now i havent had any trouble for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts