Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past month I have seen this on a few cars. One was a hooked up Audi with rims, drop & exhaust, another was a Rav 4. I'm not sure if this was done intentionally to I guess "scare" drivers behind you into thinking there going backwards when there actually not or if there's actually something wrong with them electrically.

So is this a new fad or was there something wrong with both cars??

·
I Love Priuses
1999 Toyota Camry LE
339 Posts
^^It seems many German cars have either headlight or taillight problems, especially Saab, Volvo and Audi.

I remember driving home from school a few days ago and the Ford Taurus behind me somehow hooked up their headlights so that they'd randomly light up slightly (just enough so that the lights illuminated brownish-orange). :whatthe:

Then yesterday I was behind a Chevrolet Lumina and their brakes lights stayed lit as if they were holding the brake pedal down (even the third brake light in the rear window was illuminating).

·
H/O 455
1994 Chevy Lumina
976 Posts
epinionator89 said:
^^It seems many German cars have either headlight or taillight problems, especially Saab, Volvo and Audi.

I remember driving home from school a few days ago and the Ford Taurus behind me somehow hooked up their headlights so that they'd randomly light up slightly (just enough so that the lights illuminated brownish-orange). :whatthe:

Then yesterday I was behind a Chevrolet Lumina and their brakes lights stayed lit as if they were holding the brake pedal down (even the third brake light in the rear window was illuminating).
Just FYI, Saab and Volvo are Swedish.

As for the Lumina, I drive a Lumina and have noticed that the brake lights are very touchy...you can barely tap on the pedal and they will come on. The guy might have just been riding the brake pedal slightly without realizing it. Did they stay on the entire time?

·
Rockin the STi
MR2 Turbo
1,557 Posts
probably a bad connection

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
^ haha, that wouldnt surprise me:lol:

·
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep in mind the cars were both in motion! Accelerating at that , can't even say they were braking.

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
Unless they drive w/ both feet.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
i saw one car doing the same thing couple of weeks ago. forgot what it was though, i was confused driving behind it for a sec and changed lanes.

·
I don't sugarcoat!!
1995 Camry LE Coupe
393 Posts
For whatever the reason, a friend in high school wired his reverse lights with a switch.

Maybe these other cars could have a bad reverse light switch in the shifter?

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
It's actually an old trend, that's been discussed on TN before. Guys at old muscle car shows used to ride in with their reverse lights on... They can be switched on however. We discussed the use of them for people who like to tailgate and ride on your ass...

·
1993 Camry XLE
93 CamXLE/73 Lincoln
1,083 Posts
Ruffrydasean said:
It's actually an old trend, that's been discussed on TN before. Guys at old muscle car shows used to ride in with their reverse lights on... They can be switched on however. We discussed the use of them for people who like to tailgate and ride on your ass...
Awesome.

Though I prefer Ye Ol' Brake Check myself.:wink2:

·
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^thanks sean for diggin' up that old thread....knew i wasn't seein' things.

·
Registered
456 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
itd be a pretty dumb trend...
I agree. NC requires anual inspections of all vehicles and you certainly wouldn't pass with full time reverse lights.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ruffrydasean said:
What kind of fool would possibly believe that you shifted into reverse when you are going 60 mph on the highway? Please explain this logic to me.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i know that volvos have rear fog lights that are white. my 86 had them. i could turn them on with a switch, so i'd have fun with tailgaiters

1 - 20 of 20 Posts