Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I noticed about a week or so ago that my reverse lights aren't working. I've already checked the bulbs and fuses and they were fine, so all I can think of to cause it is the reverse switch or a broken wire. Can you guys tell me where to find the switch on the trans and what color wires I should look for? Thanks

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Is it an automatic transmission or a 5-speed transmission? If it's a 5-speed transmission, the reverse switch is on the very top. If it's an automatic transmission, the reverse switch is part of the inhibitor switch, located on the side. Let me know which transmission type you've got and I'll tell you how to test it :thumbsup:

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Sorry, it's a 5 spd.
Great, the 5-speed reverse light switch is very easy to test. All you have to do is unplug the wiring connector, connect a jumper lead (either a paper clip or piece of wire) between the terminals of the connector and then turn the ignition to the 'ON' position (without starting the engine). If the reverse lights now work, it's time to get a new switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts