Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got 350 bucks burning hell out of my pocket and i haven't done anything to my car in days!
my friend suggested i gullwing my doors but that's like a 2-year diy and prolly over 10 stacks to that
so anyone know how much to reverse my rear doors (like the mazda's) or anywhere with instructions?
i know it'll prolly be more than 350 but at least i'll know where to start
if not i guess it's gonna be new paint (currently candy blue)

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
the problem w/ BIG diy projects is that you usually need another car to drive while you're doing it, and if you htink it'll take 2yrs, you've got a problem then....

and sorry....but how do you expect to get a new paintjob for $350?!?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Dude you can do the vertical lift without having to do any welding, all you have to do is replace the stock hinges with a new set that open out and then up.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I was talking to Nuke Da Bomb and i was helping him look at lambo doors. And after looking at a few other forums, they said its not worth it at all for everyday driving. They are really heavy to lift.

2. Paint Jobs should cost thousands. Anything under 1000 will be cheap and done badly. The only one you could get is Maaco which SUX.

Give us what mods you have currently and we can give you some ideas on what your next mod should be for 350 bucks.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
uofcow is going to have a group buy for carbon fiber dash like the real deal. for bout 200$ if you have a gen3 camry i would suggest that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do my own paint and for two gallons of specially mixed hok paint it'll run me about 200 then the thinners and hardners and clear all that crap'll hit me for a little over 100
but i'm talkin the reverse doors not scissors or gullwings the ones that open opposite of the front doors
btw check out my me\mines\mod for the current set up

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
oh your talking sucide doors?.... like with the OG cars form the 20's and 30's?

the door opens backwards having the inside of the door face the front of the car instead of the back?

There are kits for those too, you will have to modify one to fit your ride... your best bet is to look in the Hot Rodder and Custom Rodder magazines they have them for sell in there all the time... basically any car mag that is about hot rodding classic cars you will be able to find them in it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe he wants information on suiciding the REAR doors, so it will open like the 3rd door on the RX-8 (not sure if the RX-8 has 1 or 2 rear doors)

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
rachid funaki said:
yeah the rx-8 style rear doors
i'll try to find a picture
Thats called suicide doors been around since the 20's

Sportivo Concepts said:
oh your talking sucide doors?.... like with the OG cars form the 20's and 30's?

the door opens backwards having the inside of the door face the front of the car instead of the back?

There are kits for those too, you will have to modify one to fit your ride... your best bet is to look in the Hot Rodder and Custom Rodder magazines they have them for sell in there all the time... basically any car mag that is about hot rodding classic cars you will be able to find them in it.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
suicideing your doors is going to cost you more then $350. but go to suicidedoors.com and they have all the parts you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts