Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to wire it from the tail lights, is there anyway you can get a reverse signal from the front of the caR?

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
djpeetur said:
I dont want to wire it from the tail lights, is there anyway you can get a reverse signal from the front of the caR?
The reverse wire harness is behind the glovebox. Very easy to locate and tap into. I have pictures at home I can send you. I just installed the factory NAV w a camera in my 07 XLE and I am currently doing a step by step guide for some others. I can include you if you like or if you just need the reverse wire location I can give you that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
T4CAMRY said:
The reverse wire harness is behind the glovebox. Very easy to locate and tap into. I have pictures at home I can send you. I just installed the factory NAV w a camera in my 07 XLE and I am currently doing a step by step guide for some others. I can include you if you like or if you just need the reverse wire location I can give you that.
T4CAMRY I'd be interested in this guide as well as others here. Also, which camera did you go with? Source? How Much etc.?

When complete if you don't post the guide here, would appreciate to be included [email protected]

Thanks

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
No Problem. I am about halfway done. I'm doing it in powerpoint because that's what I am familier with. I am a little concerned about the size of the file and getting it to you guys. It's already about 8 mb. Can I zip a powerpoint? I have a website. Could I upload it to my site? There's an option in PP to 'save as a web page' but I haven't tried that yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
can you include me too? I'm interested. my email is: true_majik [at] yahoo DOT C-O-M.

you can always zip the file. i'm sure it'll get a comprssed pretty good. If you plan to post it on your website, I would recomend providing the zip file instead of publishing the PP as a web page (yes you can convert it into html pages, just go to FILE > SAVE AS WEB PAGE). If you do go this route, you may risk having too many people accessing your site and eating up your bandwidth. If you have a hosting account with limited bandwidth, your provider may suspend your account.

·
Banned
821 Posts
FYI this is nothing new!... I did the rear camera install into the factory navi about 5 months ago! I used the Eclipse BEC-105 - Cost: $160 shipped!!! Installed easily in under 4 hours w/ a factory looking finish! Check it out ... link is in my Sig!

and the reverse wire is PRE-WIRED into the factory NAVI harness going into the NAVI system!!

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
pillpusher84 said:
FYI this is nothing new!... I did the rear camera install into the factory navi about 5 months ago! I used the Eclipse BEC-105 - Cost: $160 shipped!!! Installed easily in under 4 hours w/ a factory looking finish! Check it out ... link is in my Sig!

and the reverse wire is PRE-WIRED into the factory NAVI harness going into the NAVI system!!

What a asshole statement. I am amazed at the maturity level of a few people on this board. I was a member of the 4runner forum for a couple of years and people were actually helpful.

If you had read any of the previous post, with any thought. you would not have made such a stupid statement.

-your right it's nothing new but at least I have pictures..

about the reverse wire--what the hell are you talking about.

·
Banned
821 Posts
T4CAMRY said:
What a asshole statement. I am amazed at the maturity level of a few people on this board. I was a member of the 4runner forum for a couple of years and people were actually helpful.

If you had read any of the previous post, with any thought. you would not have made such a stupid statement.

Why don't you go F**K YOURSELF!!! If lazy ass people like you actually went and searched for an answer ... then maybe us loyal posters wouldn't get aggravated seeing the same stupid shit being asked time and time again because nobbody can get off their ass and search for anything.

I don't feel the need to spend twice the amount of time taking pictures of something that is easy enough for someone with half a brain to follow from written directions. Installing the reverse camera is a cake job ... there's nothing to it!

What am I talking about??? Well .. I don't know what trim level camry you have, but from the pix posted, it's obviously not an XLE (manual E-Brake Handle), so I can't say for certain, however, but in my XLE w/ NAVI, when I installed the Backup camera, I don't know the technical # for the connector, whether it be the R10 or whatever connector, but the reverse sensing wire is already installed into one of those pins ... this is why I suggested that ytou follow the link to Backup Camera in my siggy, read the entire thread, and learn a little something from your elders!!

·
Banned
821 Posts
T4CAMRY said:

If you actually read anything of what you were told instead of getting PMSy and spouting off your mouth ... you would have realized that you WASTED YOUR TIME!!! Since I Re-Read your post, I can see that you have the XLE, and the pictures posted above were not from your vehicle... If you have JBL, as stated in my Reverse Camera post ... ALL JBL cars, whether it be Navi or JBL 6-Disc are both prewired at the center stack for both NAVI & 6-Disc ... if you are upgrading to the NAVI from 6-Disc .. all you need to do is reach down deep behing the storage compartment and voila ... there's the harnesses for the NAVI system!!! Amazing ... when you read something you might actually learn & save yourself from doing USELESS WORK!! On a NAVI upgrade from 6-Disc, all you have to wire is the GPS Antenna .. NOTHING ELSE.

As for the Reverse Camera ... the Eclipse BEC-105 ... you need to insert the 4 Wires from the camera into various pins on the R10 connector!

Pin 24 = Red (6v+ Power)
Pin 23 = White (Video -)
Pin 22 = Yellow (Video +)
Pin 21 = Ground (Black)

Please Note: The notes above in the picture are for the Microphone install, but this is the connector you need to insert the wires i mentioned into!

·
Banned
821 Posts

These are all the connections going into the rear of the Toyota NAVI unit

The R12 connector is what is Pre-Wired for Speed Sensor & Reverse Sensing wires!!!

·
07 XLE
85 Posts
Ok. First off let me just apologize. If you are my ELDER, as you say, you sounded like a punk kid. When I re-read my post I sounded like a punk kid also and for that I apologize.

Next. If you are correct about the R10 connector being stuffed in the dash then I truely am an idiot. I did alot of useless work. I followed the CAR NAVIGATION INSTALLATION MANUAL CIIT0348 for models '2007 CAMRY SE,XLE(gas),HYBRID for JBL. Everything matches in this manual to what I have and they are from Toyota.

If this is the case I eat much crow and bow to your superior intelligence.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have my XLE with the JBL apart right now and I can't find a wire that is prewired for navigation. I think I have looked everywhere. Am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts