Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing a rather pleasant experience that my friend had when he purchased a 2009 Corolla from Sherwood Park earlier this year, I was more than happy to go back and give them my business (heck, I even went back to the same salesman) because I thought they were a friendly bunch. For whatever the reason, in the few months since, they've changed.

They've low-balled the value of my trade-in ... twice (They did offer a good trade-in value in June with the promise of an August delivery so now that it's August, how did my trade-in manage to lose Cdn$4,500 in value with only 1,300km extra?). Not only that, they managed to quote me the incorrect base price (Why is it $1,000 more?) and added extra fees claiming that's what they always charged. (Freight/PDI is $1,420 for the Prius according to toyota.ca. They separated it and called the Freight for $1,420 and PDI for $600 for a total of $2,020!!!!). I know for a fact that this is false because that was not on my friend's bill of sale. The car that was supposed to come in never did. They didn't tell me if they switched with another dealer or not when I asked.

Needless to say, I am truly disappointed at their attitude and their willing to play their usual dealership games. If it's happening at the floor level, how more do I have to endure at the finance end?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buy anywhere else!

This is the worst dealership I have ever had the misfortune of venturing into. The finance guy was rude on the phone and ended up hanging up on me because I would not explain why I did not want the protection package. When I complained to the General Manager it wasn't any better. He could care less about the service and professionalism of the staff. I guess I know where the staff get their direction from when his last words were "I'll talk to my legal department".

Do yourself a favor and buy ANYWHERE else.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the worst dealership I have ever had the misfortune of venturing into. The finance guy was rude on the phone and ended up hanging up on me because I would not explain why I did not want the protection package. When I complained to the General Manager it wasn't any better. He could care less about the service and professionalism of the staff. I guess I know where the staff get their direction from when his last words were "I'll talk to my legal department".

Do yourself a favor and buy ANYWHERE else.
lol... the reason I drove 25 mins there was cause I was told the GM wanted to talk to me. He didn't even step out of his office! What a waste of my time. Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Complain to Toyota Canada

Come to think of it, your friend should complain to Toyota Canada and maybe they will start to clean up their so-called "representatives". I'm hoping that postings like this will steer people away from the rotten dealerships and give the really great dealerships the business they deserve!

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm.... well try to cover as many forums as you can. Nowadays even non-car enthusiats are looking at forums just to read up as part of their research.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sherwood Park Toyota - BAD, BAD, BAD

I bought a car from them after they're just opened. The finance guy (new at the job) didn't know what he's doing and screwed up with the numbers. I had to go back and talked to the manager three times before they would adjust the amount but still charged me higher than they should have. They decided to give me a free car wash to shut me up.
The car was still dirty when it was supposed to be ready for pick up. I complained about having to wait and the manager ended up washing it in front of me.
They'd always suggest to have more than it needed for service every time when I brought it in. Last year when my wife brought it in for oil change when the vehicle was still very new, they talked her into getting a wheel alignment and told her that was part of the suggested service from the manual.
They screwed up the remote starter when it was in for oil change recently. I've heard a lot of bad things about Toyota's service dept. They usually suggest to have more things done than necessary. In fact there was a write up in the paper not too long ago. But this particular dealer is definitely the worst I've ever dealt with. And I don't intend to deal with them too much longer.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a car from them after they're just opened. The finance guy (new at the job) didn't know what he's doing and screwed up with the numbers. I had to go back and talked to the manager three times before they would adjust the amount but still charged me higher than they should have. They decided to give me a free car wash to shut me up.
The car was still dirty when it was supposed to be ready for pick up. I complained about having to wait and the manager ended up washing it in front of me.
They'd always suggest to have more than it needed for service every time when I brought it in. Last year when my wife brought it in for oil change when the vehicle was still very new, they talked her into getting a wheel alignment and told her that was part of the suggested service from the manual.
They screwed up the remote starter when it was in for oil change recently. I've heard a lot of bad things about Toyota's service dept. They usually suggest to have more things done than necessary. In fact there was a write up in the paper not too long ago. But this particular dealer is definitely the worst I've ever dealt with. And I don't intend to deal with them too much longer.
much longer? or from now on? lol

·
268 HP OWNER
CAMRY
1,085 Posts
That place sucks, when I traded my Subaru in with a Camry, they told me the price would be for Subi 32.800 ,but on the final papers, they ended up with only 28.000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We're happy ...

So my wife and I bought our Sienna from Sherwood Park Toyota after visiting the other Toyota stores. We're very happy with the van and the service we've received. Not too many people take the the time to post a good review so we will. I'm happy with what we got for service so well be back again and again! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great experience at Sherwood Park Toyota

I went to Sherwood Park Toyota to buy my RAV4 and was amazed at the level of customer service and customer care there. The trade-in value I got was fair, the salesman was knowledgeable and friendly, and the service since has been excellent. Since I bought my car I have sent several family members and friends who have also had great experiences. I would NEVER tell anyone to avoid Sherwood Park Toyota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to Sherwood Park Toyota to buy my RAV4 and was amazed at the level of customer service and customer care there. The trade-in value I got was fair, the salesman was knowledgeable and friendly, and the service since has been excellent. Since I bought my car I have sent several family members and friends who have also had great experiences. I would NEVER tell anyone to avoid Sherwood Park Toyota.
Agreed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well,

My experience has been mixed. I had a great salesman, got the truck for a good price and didn't get totally screwed on my trade-in. That being said, from there my experience at Sherwood Toyota has slid. After doing all the paperwork, which seemed to take a long time on a trade/cash deal. Due to my buying it on a holiday Monday, thay claimed to be extremely busy and would need extra time to prep the truck for delivery. No problem I said..thinking it would be good to go when I returned at the requested 8pm pickup time. As I had a second set of tires to go with my trade-in I returned a bit early to drop them off. My wife and I showed up at the dealership to discover the truck was still in the lineup with a pricetag still in the front window! When I questioned this the Used car manager said.."What's the problem? It's not like we sold it out from under you!" I was then told that they were very busy and the wash rack broke so my truck was not clean yet. So on top of not having a sold sign in it, and it not being ready for pick-up..I was not happy and the manager didn't seem to care. On top of it I had some issues with the TPMS sensors and they really didn't want to try and work with me to get it fixed so I took it elsewhere (Kal Tire) who not only fixed it right away, they didn't charge me for fixing it!

Also on the cleanliness, the light gray carpet is VERY dirty and has been since I picked it up..but I'll take it to a detailer to get the carpets steam cleaned as I won't let them touch it. Still trying to figure out where I'll take it for service as I normally do my own oil changes, but understand Tundra's can be a pain in the a$$ to change the oil on.

I will say however that the Parts Dept has been really good to deal with. I ordered the TRD drop in performace air filter for my truck and when it was a day late coming in, the young kid working parts was VERY apologetic that it didn't come in on time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well,

I have to say that the dealer has redeemed themselves somewhat..the Used Car manager that I had issue with was asked to seek alternate employment elsewhere about 3 weeks ago. Also, when I went in to get a minor repair done, it was done quickly, while I waited and at no charge to me. Needless to say I was impressed.

So..it seems that perhaps Sherwood Park Toyota is at least trying to improve their image and make their customers happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts