Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dont be such a soft taco
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a stupid question i have, and if you think it is a stupid post then just dont read it, but why do you think they staggard the rear shocks, one in front of the axle and one behind the axle.
I really cant see a reason, unless there is something mounted in the way that made it be like that. An f-150 has them in the front, and most others trucks have them in the rear. Strange i think, for an axle that moves up and down.

·
OVER ON TW
2008 toyota tacoma
321 Posts
Riddle me that
Just a stupid question i have, and if you think it is a stupid post the just dont read it, but why do you think they staggard the rear shock on in front of the axle and one behind the axle.
I really cant see a reason, unless there is something mounted in the way that made it be like that. An f-150 has them in the front, and most others trucks have them in the rear. Strange i think, for an axle that moves up and down.
a lot of trucks are this way. i think its supposed to limit axle hop in some way

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
^ I have heard basically the same thing... axle hop or axle-wrap. ^

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
^becasue every manufacturer belives what is best for their particular setup.

·
OVER ON TW
2008 toyota tacoma
321 Posts
In a lot of models, the gas tank is in the way of having both shocks towards the front.
contour of the frame could be another thing. if you cant mount the forward shock at same level as the rear one it could be a problem that might be why the short ram didn't have them setup like this.

·
WARNING: Addicted to dirt
2005 tacoma trd 2cab
138 Posts
all trucks with the axle under the leaf springs are like this it reduces axle hop

·
Registered
56 Posts
all trucks with the axle under the leaf springs are like this it reduces axle hop

false. my 1999 F350 4x4 has both shocks mounted rear of the axle on the same side. my axle is under the springs

·
Dont be such a soft taco
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See all old f-150's have rear while 04+ have front mounted. What the hell is going on. Is it a plot to take over america...hmmmm:D

·
WARNING: Addicted to dirt
2005 tacoma trd 2cab
138 Posts
we aren't talking about heavy duty trucks or F.O.R.D. F ix O r R epair D aily

·
Registered
56 Posts
we aren't talking about heavy duty trucks or F.O.R.D. F ix O r R epair D aily
just responding to your post about "ALL TRUCKS".

PS. 190,000 miles (1/2 towing) on this ole Ford and it hasn't been in the shop:clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts