Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So later this summer I will hopefully get some new wheels & tires... originally I was set on the ASA EM9, but recently I've been looking at Kosei's. I want a 17" just because anything smaller looks goofy, but I want to get the most performance out of this 17. Obviously the Kosei is going to be a better performer, being 5 pounds lighter per wheel and a half inch wider, but it's also going to be $160 more per set. Will this extra money be worth the performance gains?

Kosei K-1 Racing:
17x7.5
16 lbs
+45 Offset
$179

ASA EM9:
17x7
21 lbs
+40 Offset
$139

BTW, I don't really care too much how they match the car... I'm a huge fan of the BBS style wheels, and the Kosei's are all about performance, so I really dont' give a f*ck.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Tire rack shopping eh? I remember the prices and models.

Performance difference will be minimal so unless you are racing.. but I am partial to the Kosei and it was on my short list. I ended up buying ebay. Budgeted less expensive rims for better tires.

I remember cheapo tires and I never want to go that route again. Nothing like steering wheel vibration nagging.

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
Kosei is a better brand that ASA ... Better quality ... And why spend the extra coin when Falken Azenis are the best bang for the buck tires around...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.