Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everyone doing today? My gen 4.5 Camry is lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro coilovers, among some other mods, and I've been looking at some new wheels to help with the styling. I already rolled my fenders and pulled them slightly, and I have no issues doing more fender modifications, but I was wondering what everyone else was thinking for size given what I've found. I picked up a used set of 5-spoke rims 17x8.5, but the offset causes rubbing against my struts and I don't want to run spacers so I'm ditching those and going back to the drawing board. I really like the new Square Wheels Model G8's, and they are offered in 17x9 +15 and 18x9.5 +12. I personally am leaning towards the 18s, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas? I'd be doing more fender work and running slightly stretch 40 series tires either way.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
18x9.5 is a wide wheel, and that's 20mm less offset than what the factory wheel. I've seen 20's on the Gen 3, so it could be done, but it might take a lot of work.

You can fit an 18" wheel. You cannot run an 18" wheel with a lot of negative offset, without fender contact. You also cannot run a really wide wheel for the same reason. This is even more important on a car that is lowered.

There are other drawbacks to a high negative offset wheel too.. Accelerated wheel bearing wear and increased steering feedback are a couple..

I've got a 7.5" wide wheel and a 225/40-18 tire.

You might consider finding a narrower wheel with an offset closer to the factory wheel. It'll have to be a little less offset to fit the wider wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.