Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
no, the bead around the interior of the tire is formed for 14, 15, 16.... inches

·
Traitor
332 Posts
are those rim and tire combos in the import magazines any good?
like in sport compact car and import tuner...17's for $699 and stuff...or are the tires crap?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Heh. I like this guy. No no no, don't just buy any cheap generic rim you see in ads. First of all, I have a 4cyl car, I need a lightweight wheel/tire combo. Also, I don't want the clear coat on the rims to chip, I want something that's sturdy and built right. You can get some Enkei rims or some Konig rims for fairly inexpensive. I plan on paying no more than 800 bucks for a 16 inch set of Enkei RSF5s with Kumho Ecsta ASX rubber at discounttiredirect.com They will mount and balance your tires on your wheels and ship them to your door ready to be slapped on. The reason I picked 16" rims was because the larger diameter wheel you have, the more rotating mass, not just the weight. That, and it's cheaper, 17s may run 950 or more and that's a stretch.

Hope I helped, Peace

P.S., just do your research!

·
Traitor
332 Posts
they have konigs and enkei rims on in those ads...but it never says what brand the tires are...thats why im asking if the tires suck...or they are good enough for summer

·
Traitor
332 Posts
you know what tires suck...michelin...i dont know what model...w/e my dad has on his accord...the slip alot...its annoying

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Michelin pilot sports are some very sticky tires but very expensive. The michelins on the accord are prob the mxv4's and aren't really performance tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts