Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in snowy upstate NY and the winters can be pretty nasty.. Want to do replace the factories with some nice looking rims, but since I need to drive in some nasty, snowy, icy conditions wondering/worried whether I should get rims - or if I can manage to play it sife by a smaller rim - like a 16 inch.. Doe anyone have any experience with this situatioin / rims in snowy climate????

Thanks -

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
get some nice rims with summer rubber

and keep the stock steelies/alloys, buy some good snow tires and put them on there, or keep your 4 seasons on there...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yah - that's what I'm thinking... how much you think I should expect to pay (reasonable) for someone to do a good job of putting on the rims and then taking off an putting on the steelies?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yah - that's what I'm thinking... how much you think I should expect to pay (reasonable) for someone to do a good job of putting on the rims and then taking off an putting on the steelies?

r u serious?!?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I put new rims on - 17 inch from the small factories do I have to adjust anything - for example won't the new wheel size fuck with like the speedometer or odometer..?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Just put on the nice rims on the summer...Then put the bad ones on in the winter and let those rims get fucked by the salt.

Go look at that tirecalculater to see how much the tire will mess with the speedometer (it shouldn't do too much)....I wish i had the link.

Make sure you have the correct offsets and that the rim can actually fit ur car. If it can you should be able to put it right on.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
CamNub said:
Just put on the nice rims on the summer...Then put the bad ones on in the winter and let those rims get fucked by the salt.

Go look at that tirecalculater to see how much the tire will mess with the speedometer (it shouldn't do too much)....I wish i had the link.

Make sure you have the correct offsets and that the rim can actually fit ur car. If it is the correct offset, you can you should be able to put it right on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I know is I wanna get some white ones mos tlikely - 17inchers .. got a white 2000 camry with tinted windows ,clear lights all around - but am hoping the white rims won't make the car too white ;) I think it should look good though..

what'd you think..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts