Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am a high schooler in need of some help. I recently got a 2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 as my first car. Currently it has the stock 15" rims and R15 tires. Recently, I purchased the TOUREN® - TR60 3260 Matte Black (17x7.5) on 215/55ZR17 tires for a good price. Would I be able to mount these new rims and tires on my car? Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,100 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it means you have 17"s? If you already have them, test fit them.

I am new to this, so I really appreciate your help. I got the rims secondhand, so I don't know which ones they are on the website in the 17" section.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it means you have 17"s? If you already have them, test fit them.

Earlier today, I mounted one of them on the Car, but the stock lugnuts did not work. Do I need to get new ones?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,100 Posts
You will likely need different lug nuts and it is possible that you will need hub centric rings. I am no expert on the hub bore and while the wheel is likely gonna fit it will not sit flush with the hub and this can cause wheel wobble and generally a bad ride. You need the hub centric rings so that the wheel sits even.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
9,517 Posts
What is the offset on the inside of the new wheels? Also, as @Vangm25 mentioned, you need to verify the hub diameter.

If the OEM lug nuts can't hold the wheel on the hub, then the hub for the wheel is too big for your car. You will need to use hub centric centering rings to mount the wheel.

Edit : according to this site, Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD your hub is 60.1mm. The wheels you have are 72.62mm. It's too big for your Camry. You need to buy hub centric centering rings to adapt the wheel for the Camry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will likely need different lug nuts and it is possible that you will need hub centric rings. I am no expert on the hub bore and while the wheel is likely gonna fit it will not sit flush with the hub and this can cause wheel wobble and generally a bad ride. You need the hub centric rings so that the wheel sits even.
I have hub centric rings

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the offset on the inside of the new wheels? Also, as @Vangm25 mentioned, you need to verify the hub diameter.

If the OEM lug nuts can't hold the wheel on the hub, then the hub for the wheel is too big for your car. You will need to use hub centric centering rings to mount the wheel.

Edit : according to this site, Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD your hub is 60.1mm. The wheels you have are 72.62mm. It's too big for your Camry. You need to buy hub centric centering rings to adapt the wheel for the Camry.
I have Hub Centric Rings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I believe the offset is 42, I got this number off the the official touren website in the 17" section TR60 | Full Matte Black | Touren

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I went to a shop earlier today, and they told me the rims themselves fit but to buy new tires which are 205/45R17
Probably no need to buy other tires if the ones you have fit, as long as they clear the fenders and suspension when its cranked over as far as the steering goes. The speedo might be off but no big deal!

The wheels came with lug nuts? Make sure you use ones that fit the wheel studs, I believe M12 x1.5, with the correct flat or cone shaped base (should match rim).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts