Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for me to change my rims, I do not want to place spacers but willing to roll out my fenders, size I want is 17 but I need to know up to which offset I do not have to place spacers. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,131 Posts
Do you want the tire to poke out of the fender?

+35 should be fine and shouldn't rub on the fender.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,467 Posts
I have 17x8 +35mm offset and they don't poke. Maybe +30mm offset will also work with a mild fender roll on the rear. You could also go with a 17x8.5" +35mm offset. Here is mine.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want the tire to poke out of the fender?

+35 should be fine and shouldn't rub on the fender.
doesn't need to but if the tire can go out a little more I'll be pleased.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Continue with the rims question, I do not mind rolling the fenders to have the tire either at the same level or slightly inside as you guys can see my rims make the tires to look more inside the fender and I want to correct this look with no spacers.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
926 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,467 Posts
With a 35 or 42, I would say nah.
You would not be happy with a 42 offset unless your wheels were much wider.

You need to play with a wheel offset calculator.

·
Registered
202 Posts
you'd only need spacers to have them flush if using smaller wheels like 15s, 16s,

Mine are flush with 1 inch spacers but theyre 15 inch and 40 offset, and I have the spacers not because I wanted to but because I was dumb and bought used 5x114 wheels thinking it was my bolt patern... LOL

It looks way better when the wheels are not tugged inside like all the stock toyotas !

My wheel bearings/suspension are not failing yet because of those... havent lost a wheel either. I might void the threadlife warranty on my new tires however. Ill see maybe the mechs wont say a thing. I hope they install them and dont call me to say they cant do haha

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,467 Posts
you'd only need spacers to have them flush if using smaller wheels like 15s, 16s,

Mine are flush with 1 inch spacers but theyre 15 inch and 40 offset, and I have the spacers not because I wanted to but because I was dumb and bought used 5x114 wheels thinking it was my bolt patern... LOL

It looks way better when the wheels are not tugged inside like all the stock toyotas !

My wheel bearings/suspension are not failing yet because of those... havent lost a wheel either. I might void the threadlife warranty on my new tires however. Ill see maybe the mechs wont say a thing. I hope they install them and dont call me to say they cant do haha
The use od spacers has nothing to do with the wheels being a 15" or 16" size. It has everything to do with the wheel width and offset. I have a set of FR-S wheels that are 17x7 +48mm offset that I need to use a set of 20mm spacers with for them to fit and look good.

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
118 Posts
It's time for me to change my rims, I do not want to place spacers but willing to roll out my fenders, size I want is 17 but I need to know up to which offset I do not have to place spacers. Thanks
the stock 17x7 wheels have a 39mm offset.

You can get 17x7.5 with a 35mm offset.
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 2.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 10.4mm more than before.

Then if you compare to 17x8 with the 35mm offset,
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 8.7mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 16.7mm more than before.

Assuming that you actually have the factory 16" wheels
compare to 17x7.5 ET 35mm
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 8.7mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 16.7mm more than before

and 17x8 et 35

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 15.1mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 23.1mm more than before.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,131 Posts
Continue with the rims question, I do not mind rolling the fenders to have the tire either at the same level or slightly inside as you guys can see my rims make the tires to look more inside the fender and I want to correct this look with no spacers.

View attachment 300658 View attachment 300659 View attachment 300660 View attachment 300661 View attachment 300662
My 06 Corolla looks like your setup. The rear wheel looks more sunk in.

Instead of going with different offset, try using spacers on the rear wheels.

My theory on why the rear looks deeper is likely due to the torsion beam setup. As there's no way to push the wheel away from the suspension naturally.

I have a set of 20mm spacers and will do a test fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts