Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Toyota Camry was murdered on February 19th, 2008. The Lil' Gator was hit by a drunk driver traveling at approximately 55mph in a 25mph zone. The rear end of the car was completely ripped out, and the rear axle was barely hanging in. I don't have pictures at this time, but will try to get some.

My next question is, if my car is totaled and I'm on a lease, what options do I have? What I want is to lease out the new Corolla XRS if I have that as an option.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2007 Toyota Camry CE
880 Posts
stay with the camry project man!

i wouldnt know about the insurance but all i can say is i hope you dont get fucked over, were you parked?

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
My 2008 Toyota Camry was murdered on February 19th, 2008. The Lil' Gator was hit by a drunk driver traveling at approximately 55mph in a 25mph zone. The rear end of the car was completely ripped out, and the rear axle was barely hanging in. I don't have pictures at this time, but will try to get some.

My next question is, if my car is totaled and I'm on a lease, what options do I have? What I want is to lease out the new Corolla XRS if I have that as an option.
Hope nobody got hurt! Car comes second. Re insurance: You would not be able to lease a car w/o an insurance which covers the remaining car cost for that case, but you could just have lost your initial lease payment and any other monthly lease payments you did in the past. Unlikely that the insurance will pay anything in addition to cover the car loss...but I would be happy to be told otherwise. Good luck! Why a Corolla? Did you always wanted to get smaller?

·
Crash Test Dummy
2007 Toyota Camry CE
880 Posts
yeah.. since i put a larger than normal down payment on my lease id be pretty steamed if i lost it all cus some jerk-off demolished my car. that would not make me happy.. at all

thats why i really hope you dont get screwed over

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Hope you are okay....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody was hurt. Sorry I forgot to post that. My car was parked and I just found out she had marijuana, a lot of it. If her insurance company doesn't wanna pay out, I'll be forced to sue her. My lawyer is like drooling over this.

Its not that I want to go smaller, I just like how the Corolla looks FINALLY.

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL ... My car is almost 1.5 months old now ... I wish someone would total my car, so that my insurance could pay it off and get a different car now ... had my V6 transmission replaced less than 3 weeks ago, and now it's flaring again, I'm pissed with this car now ... but nonetheless, Camry looks sexy ... oh yeah, I got 0 deductible on comprehensive and collision, but I don't want to do something stupid that would increase my insurance premium ... hahaha ... but if someone wants to steal my car, let me know ... :p

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
LOL ... My car is almost 1.5 months old now ... I wish someone would total my car, so that my insurance could pay it off and get a different car now ... had my V6 transmission replaced less than 3 weeks ago, and now it's flaring again, I'm pissed with this car now ... but nonetheless, Camry looks sexy ... oh yeah, I got 0 deductible on comprehensive and collision, but I don't want to do something stupid that would increase my insurance premium ... hahaha ... but if someone wants to steal my car, let me know ... :p
Push it over a cliff like one of the car commercials.. i forget which maker it was.. hahaha

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
^I'm sure it was for the ToyotaThon Phenomenon... those were damn funny. :lol:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
That sucks, as others have said I don't know about leases, but hopefully the insurance company can pay it off so you don't owe a few thousand out of your own pocket. The new XRS Corolla's do look really nice, especially with the 2.4L.

Make sure to get some pics to!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Personally not a big fan of the Corolla's ... Camry's the way to go, I'd highly recommend the I4, if you don't mind the stick shift, go with 5 speed manual ... you will least likely to get transmission issues, unless you lay on clutches a lot, you might need to get it replaced ... my 2nd choice would be Altima ... love em', great look, and great interior too ... :)

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
man im sorry to hear that!
im glad youre alright tho...thats what counts
hopefully insurance should resolve it....and you can get your rolla!
i personally love the new corolla and matrix myself...ive driven both and i can say its a pretty nice drive (XRS) for a simple corolla!

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
man im sorry to hear that!
im glad youre alright tho...thats what counts
hopefully insurance should resolve it....and you can get your rolla!
i personally love the new corolla and matrix myself...ive driven both and i can say its a pretty nice drive (XRS) for a simple corolla!
+1, had a fully loaded matrix XR as well - was fun. If the Corolla is similar fun, and that is what I expect, it's a nice pick.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,662 Posts
I'd wait for the new Matrix to come out and jump on that.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I got these at the Autoshow yesterday in Toronto..i can't remember the sticker price but i think it was like 22 or 23k (Canadian) it's the XRS...i want one too!! Glad no one was hurt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts