Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original thread was - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174595

Anyhow..... picked up the car earlier from the shop. Got the RK Sport Rear Spoiler painted and installed on my SE.

Unfortunetly I don't have any full side view shots of my car before the install. So if someone wants to send me a stock spoiler Silver SE side view shot, I'll take a picture of mine with the RK Sport spoiler and post for those who want to see that angle.

Back Shot Stock Spoiler

Back Shot RK Sport Spoiler

Back Shot Stock Spoiler Closer

Back Shot RK Sport Spoiler Closer

Back Angle Stock Spoiler

Back Andle RK Sport Spoiler

Side View Stock Spoiler

Side View RK Sport Spoiler

Overall I'm happy with how it looks. More agressive but not overdone as it could pass for stock.

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
Looks awesome. My car is currently in the shop waiting to get the same spoiler installed and some repairs.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
:thumbup: Awesome!!! I wish I haven't install the lip spoiler from Ebay
so I can put this RK Spoiler :sosad:

·
~
187 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Doesn't look off too much at the sides but the center recess over the Camry emblem looks like it does not line up with the emblem..............

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments guys....

Netforcer said:
It is very subtle... therefore I stick with stock... also the spoiler looks a little off center... to the right
On the weekend when I get time I'm going to take whole car angles and side views. It's subtle indeed but from a distance it's agressive looking. (for me that is) From the side the back of the spoiler in-line or almost in-line with the rear bumper. I always thought our spoiler was way too short as our bumper sticks out much further back. You may change your mind when seeing complete car shots! :)

njerald said:
Doesn't look off too much at the sides but the center recess over the Camry emblem looks like it does not line up with the emblem..............
Hmmm picked up the car, had to go straight to work and then it got dark. But blowing up the pics I have and comparing it looks couple mm off to the right. Tomorrow in the day I'll take a closer look and snap some more shots to compare. Then give RK Sport a call...

BTW I got the E&G grille on the car but the shop claims that the lower grille section wasn't able to be installed because of the SE's lip kit. Clearly you can feel a few mm raised lip from the front spoiler, as I could see this getting in the way of sliding in the lower section. I'm going to contact E&G and try again on the weekend myself. Hopefully the lower spoiler doesn't have to come off to install, if so, then I probably won't go through the trouble as it looks fine to me without the lower section. When buying the kit I was even considering not installing the lower section. Regardless if this is the case, E&G has an issue with SE's and their kit and I'll be contacting them.

Here's some pics:

Stock SE Grille

E&G Grille

I actually like the mesh grille! :) I think this came out really well, given the fact my car is silver, to me, it matches better than a blacked out grille and not as flashy(nothing wrong with it) as if it was on a darker colored car. The other option I was thinking about was getting the black grille painted body color but I like the bling blig! ;)

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
I'm going to look in to getting the ZR6 spoiler shipped over, personally. But that spoiler looks pretty cool, definitely has the "pass for stock" thing going for it.

i've got a little boy racer left in me so the more aggressive ZR6 spoiler is right up my alley.

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
repocop said:
I'm going to look in to getting the ZR6 spoiler shipped over, personally. But that spoiler looks pretty cool, definitely has the "pass for stock" thing going for it.

i've got a little boy racer left in me so the more aggressive ZR6 spoiler is right up my alley.
Be sure to let us know how that goes. Group buy? :whatwhat:J/K

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
oh if i can find a good source i'll share the wealth.

i expect it to cost upwards of 1000 bucks before its at my door tho, before finishing and installation so its not a thing a lot of ppl on this site would do.

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
hmm nice...bummer that I am having the stock lip installed on my XLE right now eheheh..

I like the aftermarket grille vs the SE one.

My idea GEN 6 would be...

1) SE V6 body w/ spoiler and mud guard
2) XLE interior
3) XLE Smart Key feature
4) XLE Grille, hate the SE grille
5) In 2004 Civic SI Blue!
7) 18" Lexus ES350 Rims
8) TSX HIDs..

hehehe

hehe just my opinion hehe

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
i think the best spoiler for the camry is no spoiler.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts