Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone got the "emergency assistance kit", or do you have your own "survival" kit? they want $70 for that thing? :lol: how much do you think its actually worth, $19.99? :lol:

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
I have it. It came with the car. I didn't ask for it. I'd say its worth $10 tops.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
1,329 Posts
You could do better just going to Target and "building" your own kit.

I always keep a flash light...and of course my cell phone and my AAA Gold card. 100 mile free tow. That will cover me...:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
My kit is comprised of a sleeping bag, aluminum avalanche shovel (for skiing/backcountry use--no cheap plastic shovels here), matches, and a FreePlay hand-cranked flashlight (the best of the human-powered flashlights). If I was making a longer trip then I'd add more clothing, a jug of water, water purification tablets, wood saw, and food.

·
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Streaker said:
I have it. It came with the car. I didn't ask for it. I'd say its worth $10 tops.
but did they charged you for it.... i think its more than ten$ (i know what you mean though), but even a decent jumper cost that much. i say $25 tops incl the case.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
Its not a decent jumper, its a cheapo. The salesman threw it in as part of the deal along with a rear bumper applique which I removed a while back.:)

·
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why did you removed it? its barely visible

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
I didn't like the look of it and I knew eventually wax and dirt would make their way under the edges. If I waited to remove it I would of taken off more paint than it did new. :)

·
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's a good point, didn't thought about wax and dirt. i have one and would be afraid to remove it, although i like the look of it, doesn't bother me.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
^^^^ If you do decide to remove it in the future use a hair dryer to soften the glue, otherwise you'll pull paint off with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts