Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this amp in today.. I purchased it about two weeks ago for 325. The amp is only stable at 2ohms putting out 1500+rms. So i hook my speakers up today and they are audiobahn alum15Q. Two of these speakers drops the ohms down to 1.5ohms. Could this be the reason why the amp keeps going into protect mode after 5mins of playing time. If this is the reason, does anyone know of two speakers(dual 2ohm) that can handle this 1500+rms amp. My budget is maybe 350-400. I was thinking of getting two audiobahn aw1508t which will go down to 2ohms

·
Registered
361 Posts
Um... How are you wiring them? Are they 6 ohm each voice coil? If you want dual 2 ohm voice coils i presume, you can wire the sub in series with each voice coil and then parallel with each sub. Hows that amp working for you? If you bought it used, could there be a problem with it allready? Ouch, why not try Rockford subs? I am using a Power HX2 12 inch. Not pushing much at all to the sub, and ive tested it at 134.8dB with my volume only at 15/35. I can lift the bass in the headunit as well as the amp. They take a beating..

Omar

What about Shivas? I was thinking of this sub later if i can sell this system. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by this "you can wire the sub in series with each voice coil and then parallel with each sub."...I have verified that the reason why the amp keeps cutting off is because the amp is 2ohm stable, but the two speakers bring them down to 1.5. So does anyone know of any good dual 2ohm speakers. I was thinking about Autotek. They have a pair of 15's that are dual 2ohm and 800rms each....Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was talking about if you got dual 2 ohm subs. Yeah your subs i dont think can be wired down to 2 ohms. What about the thread about whats a good sub? It talks about the Brahma sub.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how to get 6ohms, but who wants to run there woofers at 6ohms. I wont be getting any real power...What do you guys think of autotek mx1522. They put out 800rms each and are dual 2ohms, which is perfect for my amp...What do u guys think?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
I have an amp that I am selling that will drop down to 1.333 ohms, DLS A6 do a web search for DLS america and look up ultimate series amps. Your rockford shoudl be able to handle that load, but it will get very hot and eventually shut down, 5 minutes seems too soon, might be a bad amp.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Come to think about it, run your subs at 6ohm if your amp is still shutting down you have a bad amp, otherwise changing subs is an option, but your amp is pretty cheap and you can change that as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts