Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

When I was purchasing my vehicle, the finance manager asked if I wanted the alarm system already installed in my car. I declined, so they deactivated it (but it is still installed).

I was wondering if anyone on here has the security system called:

Rockledge Security

If you do, do you like it? the dealer is charging $280. I understand I can get a cheaper priced alarm outside for probably the same function, but I prefer to do everything at the dealer.

Also, are there any ways to activate it myself and not pay that $280? Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
I didn't know a dealer would charge you just to activate a setting that's already on your car? Stealerships at their finest. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
gotta be honest, i have never heard of a rockledge securities alarm system.

in my opinion, i would have the alarm uninstalled and install an alarm that's more reputable and has likely more features. (viper comes to mind)

·
New CA User
7 Posts
Rockledge Uninstall

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I bought a new camry yesterday and got bought into the Rockledge security system. Can I go back to dealer and uninstall/deactivate this rockledge security system and get back the money.

Thank you,

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
1,965 Posts
Sure they will remove it, but probably charge you to do so. I really doubt the dealership will refund anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

When I was purchasing my vehicle, the finance manager asked if I wanted the alarm system already installed in my car. I declined, so they deactivated it (but it is still installed).

I was wondering if anyone on here has the security system called:

Rockledge Security

If you do, do you like it? the dealer is charging $280. I understand I can get a cheaper priced alarm outside for probably the same function, but I prefer to do everything at the dealer.

Also, are there any ways to activate it myself and not pay that $280? Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts