Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that haul bikes around....bought these about 3 weeks ago....they work great, hold very securely......Also you can lock the bike in.......although if someone wants your bike bad enough........

Here's some pics.....

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FP.....before you install them, go to the hardware store and get 4 fender washers.....size 3/8 center hole by 1 inch diameter.....pull out the end plastic pieces inside the rail system ( they just slide out..) insert the 1 inch washer between the normal back piece and the edge of the rail......this will keep them from falling out.....which has been known to happen on rough roads........it actually happened to me on smooth asphalt going around a corner.....luckily the bike fell into the truck not out! I'll post up a pic in a bit to show you what I'm talking about......

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah, they are way stiff laterally.....they only thing you "might" want to do is run a bungy from back corner to back corner through the rear wheels if your gonna really rip over some ruff stuff........

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It's really not that bad.....I carry the torx wrench that came with it in the center console.....takes about 20 seconds to get them out......just unloosen a couple turns and slide out.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.