Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Lots of people in here are always stating that adding a cold air intake to your rolla will give it a more aggressive sound, well i dont know anyone who has done this to their rolla and i am curious as to how it sounds.
I have friends who have done this to other sports cars with 6 and 8 cylinder engines, and in most cases that has made a noticiable and appealing difference.
I have no idea though as to what to expect on a 1.8L 4cyl rolla.

So if anyone here wants to share with us what it sounds like, please make a quick sound recording and post it here.

Also if you have done any other mods that have changed the engine sound feel free to also post your results here.

Thanks. look forward to hearing some nice tunes. :cool:

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
I'll record some stuff for you and post it tomorrow. on my car, I have an Injen CAI and and exhaust; my friend has just a short ram intake (from autozone) on his camry which is a 2.2L I4. His sounds pretty good when he revs it, which he does too much (becoming a ricer, lol). I can't tell you how a rolla sounds with just an intake since I got mine after I got my exhaust. The only time I really notice mine is when I accelerate from a dead stop, just before the exhaust drone gets too loud I can hear a sucking sound, kinda like if you were to breathe in sharply with your mouth and throat open as wide as possible.

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
sorry, i forgot to do it. my bad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your best bet would be to check out youtube and do a quick search there
Great tip.

sorry, i forgot to do it. my bad
Thats ok TrdSpeed140, if you ever find the time you know where to post it ;)

A guy at work just decided to put in a CAI in his BMW and this got me thinking that maybe i should also put one in my rolla.
Although there are plenty of other things i can think of that also need doing and unless the results are worth it i might just do somthing else first.
(like maybe a nice double-din speaker/stereo nav system upgrade)
Unfortunately my biggest problem though is lack of time to do any mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts