Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a listing on ebay and at www.toyotaparts4u.com. Someone please get one and post a picture. Not sure if i'd like the tip hanging below the bumper...

They claim 153.9 HP w/trd exhaust vs 148.4 HP stock at 7000 rpm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damn, and I thought I was the only one who knew. I already ordered mine today, and it should be here on the 27th.

And I'm putting the TRD rims and springs on this Thursday. Oh, and please don't haze me for getting the TRD rims and springs, but I made a vow to myself to stay with TRD on my car this time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ummm...

Katsimbris said:
Damn, and I thought I was the only one who knew. I already ordered mine today, and it should be here on the 27th.

And I'm putting the TRD rims and springs on this Thursday. Oh, and please don't haze me for getting the TRD rims and springs, but I made a vow to myself to stay with TRD on my car this time.

Hey Im not "hazing" on you but man are those TRD springs expensive. For the drop you dont get a lot of "drop", but thats my 2 cents. im happy for you though and your getting the exhaust too....thats prrrrrdy damm sweet man.

that exhaust will fit a 05 XRS? If so I might pick that up too.

~HiTz~

·
Registered
2005 Corolla Xrs
121 Posts
TRD springs are just eibachs with a trd logo on them. Save yourself some money. Unless you just want warranty coverage for your shocks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, I know those are Eibachs, but I did want warranty coverage, and from one of the senior techs at the dealership I work at, he told me that by going with TRD, I get warranty coverage because TRD does things a lot more conservatively than lets say, Injen, Mugen, or Hotchkis.

So, considering I don't want to go nuts, I saved the money, and I get a discount by working at a Toyota dealer, I went ahead and got the rims, springs, and now the muffler.

And thanks for not reaming me out. That guy talking about the Mazda vs. XRS in that other thread is scaring the hell out of me. AS if he's going to pull some "The Ring" stuff on me and come out of my computer monitor and tell me that my car sucks ass.

Thanks guys, and I'll post some pictures as soon as all the work's done.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Yeah those 17" rims are sweet as well. Lucky you getting a deal via the dealer.

Katsimbris said:
And thanks for not reaming me out. That guy talking about the Mazda vs. XRS in that other thread is scaring the hell out of me. AS if he's going to pull some "The Ring" stuff on me and come out of my computer monitor and tell me that my car sucks ass.
ROFLMAO! I watched his Mazda video and now I'm gonna have to con someone else into watching it. Since that'll never happen, guess I've just commited hara-kiri.:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I have smoked a Mazda 3 2.3 before and I will again anyday anytime:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
work done

the work is done on my car. The new rims, tires, springs, and muffler are all now on the car. If you'd like, check out the pictures on the web address provided in my signature.

While I know none of you know them, I have to give a very gracious "thank you" to my buddies at the shop who helped me with all the parts.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla Xrs
121 Posts
Nice, now go visit hotchkis tuning. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Katsimbris! Love the rims and the color. Should have waited for the red instead of getting the silver...

How do you like the exhaust? Does it drone at all?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts