Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cruiser
1987 Rolla
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
money aside for this one LOL Has any thought of or even done a roof chop. Taking about an inch out of the hieght of the roof. I have been thinking about it and I know there would be a HEAP of work to do. I know some metal fabricators so they will probably be able to do most of the work for the right price, just thought I would ask around with you guys and see if anyone has done anything similar.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
anything is possible with cash... but it may take some strength out of the car... remembering that the roof is part of toyota's 'safe-t cell'. It will need to be done properly, but would look ok.

Also remembering that the windows are no longer going to be standard, and may cost a sh*tload if they need to be replaced... or even when you get the roof chopped for that matter..

·
Cruiser
1987 Rolla
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i know the money would be pricy....i'm not made of money haha but I was just wondering about it, like saftey wise and roadworthyness

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I've heard that in Qld, you can get away with murder as far as old cars go, so roadworthiness is prolly ok... but in terms of safety - probably not the best option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts