Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well ive been out of comission during the move and dealing with the less than honorable state court system in florida so i decided to blow off some steam today.

the tires are 35x15x15 super swamper tsl's on 12'' wheels, i got them used with 75% tread for 300 bux off a buddy.

anyways its an 8 mb download but i think youll enjoy...:naughty:

http://members.cox.net/subliminaltrips/84%20toy%20rootn'.wmv

you have to copy and paste it.

and the quality kinda sucks now that i looked at the compressed file.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a flowmaster 80 series (dual outlet single outlet) muffler we cut off an old wrecked firebird in a junkyard and blocked one of the outlets. ovrrdrive gave the dude 10 bux for it and he decided he was too good for it and gave it to me. it has a turn down tip on the end right above the rear axle, its only a 1 7/8 tip, i need a header and a new exhaust, i just welded up some crap i could find laying around and a few pipes from auto zone to get it on the road, or uh off the road.... im going to put a doug thorley header bigger 2 1/4 pipe, i think ill keep the junkyard muff....

btw that muffler was holding the entire weight of that firebird on it and it didnt even make the slightest dent, right ovrrdrive.....

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Dude the truck is looking and working great...

Those swampers and the rear locker make 4wd almost optional. I hope my truck pulls half that hard when we're done with it.

And yeah that flow 80 was holding the entire weight of the firebird, on a rim! They prop the cars up on rims and take the wheels off and this one was sitting on the muffler when we saw it. Not even a dent.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
pee_cup said:
and my brother has a friend that could smoke that thing in his civic, i think he said he could shift the gears one time .
Yes but we all know that civics are built for mud like that. Trucks are completely out of their elements there...

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
subliminaltrips said:
well ive been out of comission during the move and dealing with the less than honorable state court system in florida so i decided to blow off some steam today.

the tires are 35x15x15 super swamper tsl's on 12'' wheels, i got them used with 75% tread for 300 bux off a buddy.

anyways its an 8 mb download but i think youll enjoy...:naughty:

http://members.cox.net/subliminaltrips/84%20toy%20rootn'.wmv

you have to copy and paste it.

and the quality kinda sucks now that i looked at the compressed file.
By the way, when naming files it's best to use underscores "_" instead of spaces and don't use appostrophies or hypens. And if you use the url tags correctly, (url="http://members.cox.net/subliminaltrips/84%20toy%20rootn'.wmv")name(/url), (change () to [] ) even that link will work. Observe...

Movie

;)

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pee_cup said:
and my brother has a friend that could smoke that thing in his civic, i think he said he could shift the gears one time .
yes i locked 4 wheels but i didnt use 4hi untill i got the ass end stuck. and i would simply run over his civic........ without shifiting gears...

ovrrdrive, once yours is done we will have to plan on taking your truck, and bikes out there to camp out one night. its a very cool place and alot of the locals out there are really cool too. thy have a policy that i like, if you leave trash then you are trash. they have set up a few trash cans out there. they even have a bbq pit.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Is that where my transfer case went? If so, I'm glad to see it's working well and getting some use.

Cool video.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup that is your transfer case tearin' shit up. it works great i had to fix one of the shift rails that must have gotten bent in the transit but it was all gravy and for a free x fer case you cant bitch.... and i wouldnt even consider bitching since it works great.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
subliminaltrips said:
yup that is your transfer case tearin' shit up. it works great i had to fix one of the shift rails that must have gotten bent in the transit but it was all gravy and for a free x fer case you cant bitch.... and i wouldnt even consider bitching since it works great.
Was the box still in good shape when it got there? If so, it probably got bent during the removal. At the time, I was more interested in getting the truck apart and out of my garage ASAP than anything else. My buddy and I stripped the truck in like five hours. Of course they were...........uhm.............late Friday night/early Saturday morning hours........so we could have been more............uhm............more cognizant of our actions.

Gald to see it put to proper use.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea it was good, like i said man, there was absolutley no issues with the tc it works perfect, i have been debating on even removing it and just keeping the tranny and case in it asd it rides untill i run into issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts