Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
104 Posts
Ooooh with that width and off set it would sit really flush if your lowered. You might rub in the back though, so rolling your fenders may be needed.

Those are some sexy wheels btw.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, flush is the look I want :) I currently have 18x8 40 offset, and not very flush still kind of tucked in, so I hope these will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
a month after i bought my 09 corolla last year i went to 3 tire supply stores. the same rim width was my plan way back and all 3 tire supply stores told me they might need to remove or alter the plastic wheel well lining to fit a 9 inch rim and tire. it would be wise to ask the manufacturer of the wheel to save urself from hassles later on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a month after i bought my 09 corolla last year i went to 3 tire supply stores. the same rim width was my plan way back and all 3 tire supply stores told me they might need to remove or alter the plastic wheel well lining to fit a 9 inch rim and tire. it would be wise to ask the manufacturer of the wheel to save urself from hassles later on.
Do you remember the offset? These have a 35mm offset so they sit further out toward the street. I would get the fenders rolled if need be, but don't want to have to do more than that.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Warning.......stay away from Roto wheels.....i know on the Camry some have had major failures with them and they break apart, and just suck...crappy...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Do you remember the offset? These have a 35mm offset so they sit further out toward the street. I would get the fenders rolled if need be, but don't want to have to do more than that.

yes i think it is also a 35mm offset. but before you get the fenders rolled out to compensate for the outward appearance of the wheel and tire... have it installed first and take a look at a wider stance that your car would have. my personal choice i like a car with a wider stance but not having a wheel and tire way out the fender line. but that is just me. your personal choice is surely different from mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warning.......stay away from Roto wheels.....i know on the Camry some have had major failures with them and they break apart, and just suck...crappy...
I'm opened to other suggestions... know of any similar spec wheels 18x9 35 offset 5x100 all black that I can take a look at?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i think it is also a 35mm offset. but before you get the fenders rolled out to compensate for the outward appearance of the wheel and tire... have it installed first and take a look at a wider stance that your car would have. my personal choice i like a car with a wider stance but not having a wheel and tire way out the fender line. but that is just me. your personal choice is surely different from mine.
I don't want it sticking out either, I think I have about 20mm to go before I'm flush (not tucked or sticking out) and according to offset calc this will give 18mm out.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't want it sticking out either, I think I have about 20mm to go before I'm flush (not tucked or sticking out) and according to offset calc this will give 18mm out.
so that means that you are good to go with the 35mm offset. but stay away from ROTA brands. they are so low quality. Punks is correct in saying that ROTA wheels break so easily. dont waste your money on ROTA wheels.

·
straight cash homie
21,908 Posts
so that means that you are good to go with the 35mm offset. but stay away from ROTA brands. they are so low quality. Punks is correct in saying that ROTA wheels break so easily. dont waste your money on ROTA wheels.
+1, I would get flamed for saying that Rotas suck on a Honda/WRX forum...I'm sure not all ROTAS will just snap off, I wouldn't want to risk it. Not only are wheels of poor quality as Punks has said, the wheels are copied designs (FAKES) of other companies' like Work, Rays Engineering, SSR, etc.

There are plenty of choices out there for wheels that I think are of good quality and value, as well as being original: Buddy Club, Enkei, Weds, 5 Zigen, Gram Lights (made by Rays Engineering), etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the heads up on Rota wheels quality, I think I will keep looking for another brand that has similar specs...

·
09 Corolla
125 Posts
I'm opened to other suggestions... know of any similar spec wheels 18x9 35 offset 5x100 all black that I can take a look at?
you can get a multi-spoke wheel kind of like that one from Team Dynamics, called Pro Race 1.2, in just about any width, offset, color and bolt spacing you want. if you pick something unusual you might have to wait a couple months for them to ship from UK, though. they're around $180-190 each.

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
I'm running 18x8.5 with a 35 offset and I'm lowered on S.Techs.

NO RUBBING ISSUES AT ALL!!! But this is probably because I'm on very low profile tires that are stretched...you will probably get away with running a 9 but don't go any wider...

As for what wheels I'm rocking they're probably in the same garbage dump as Rota but they look good and so far they're running great...so no complaints yet.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I'm running 18x8.5 with a 35 offset and I'm lowered on S.Techs.

NO RUBBING ISSUES AT ALL!!! But this is probably because I'm on very low profile tires that are stretched...you will probably get away with running a 9 but don't go any wider...

As for what wheels I'm rocking they're probably in the same garbage dump as Rota but they look good and so far they're running great...so no complaints yet.
:pics:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can get a multi-spoke wheel kind of like that one from Team Dynamics, called Pro Race 1.2, in just about any width, offset, color and bolt spacing you want. if you pick something unusual you might have to wait a couple months for them to ship from UK, though. they're around $180-190 each.
looked them up, they look good, I couldn't find any that were 18x9 35 offset in a 5x100 bolt pattern, only saw a 4x100 :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All on tirerack.com

Enkei EDR9 18x7.5

Enkei LF-10 18x7.5

MotegiRacing SP10 18x8
Thanks, those do look good, but with their offsets and widths I won't get the flushness I want, right now I have 18x8 with a 40 offset, still kinda tucked, so I'm looking for that look or any all black wheel really that will stretch towards the street more than what I currently have

1 - 20 of 27 Posts