Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the intake gasket on my 2008 Toyota Corolla, My problem is, when i start the car, it won't idle and I have to put pressure on the gas pedal to have an idle. The idle is rough and the engine wobbles and also realized the brake pedal is hard to press. What should I do? please help me.

·
2014 VW Passat Tsi SEL
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I moved your post to the appropriate Corolla forum in hopes you can get more help with your issue.
Good luck!

·
TN User
84 Posts
Replaced the intake gasket on my 2008 Toyota Corolla, My problem is, when i start the car, it won't idle and I have to put pressure on the gas pedal to have an idle. The idle is rough and the engine wobbles and also realized the brake pedal is hard to press. What should I do? please help me.
Hmmm.......Sounds like a Vacuum leak to me.
So if I read this right, you replaced your intake manifold gasket and after you replaced it, the issue that you are having appeared?

Check that you placed all the vacuum hoses back on the Intake Manifold, especially the "Hidden-One" located low and behind on the manifold itself.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also check that the gasket seated correctly.
Reminds me of the time when I was replacing the thermostat. I put a new gasket on the new thermostat, and zipped everything back into place, fast as it was already dark. I was pouring coolant from the top and heard splashing sound from under the car.

I had to get more coolant the next day, redo the entire process all to replace the gasket which got crushed as it was improperly aligned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.
I moved your post to the appropriate Corolla forum in hopes you can get more help with your issue.
Good luck!
So if I read this right, you replaced your intake manifold gasket and after you replaced it, the issue that you are having appeared?

Check that you placed all the vacuum hoses back on the Intake Manifold, especially the "Hidden-One" located low and behind on the manifold itself.
View attachment 287546
I was looking at this image where the hose is connected, checked all the hoses that connects to the manifold and walah!!! the hose in the back of the manifold was disconnected, connected it and the idle is back as well as the brake pedal. Noticed that the idle is a little bit shaky, do I have to do some adjustments? Need some advise on how or where to make an adjustments, Thank You so much for helping...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

View attachment 287546
thanx for showing me the image it helped a lot :)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,876 Posts
I was looking at this image where the hose is connected, checked all the hoses that connects to the manifold and walah!!! the hose in the back of the manifold was disconnected, connected it and the idle is back as well as the brake pedal. Noticed that the idle is a little bit shaky, do I have to do some adjustments? Need some advise on how or where to make an adjustments, Thank You so much for helping...
Disconnect the battery for about 15 mins so that the ECU will clear it's memory and does a relearn.

If it returns, then look at your engine mounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts