Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Corolla LE with 86k miles and after getting my last gas fill up it started immediately idling rough and feeling like it was almost going to stall. Never once did I experience this before that, could it of been bad gas? If so, any suggestions? I also just went to advance auto parts for them to check my battery (still the original that came with it) and found it was leaking battery acid from the positive terminal yet the battery, alternator, and starter all checked out in good condition. I’m assuming the battery wouldn’t be the cause of the rough idling etc.

·
4,908 Posts
The battery doesn't cause rough idling.

Have you done any recent maintenance? I suggest using a bottle of Chevron fuel cleaner in your next fill up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2015 Corolla LE with 86k miles and after getting my last gas fill up it started immediately idling rough and feeling like it was almost going to stall. Never once did I experience this before that, could it of been bad gas? If so, any suggestions? I also just went to advance auto parts for them to check my battery (still the original that came with it) and found it was leaking battery acid from the positive terminal yet the battery, alternator, and starter all checked out in good condition. I’m assuming the battery wouldn’t be the cause of the rough idling etc.
Clean your MAF sensor and the carbon build-up inside the bore of your throttle body.

In addition to the FI cleaner, throw in a bottle of HEET to remove any potential of water in your fuel tank as preventative maintenance. The fuel in the gas station storage tanks underground is susceptible to water.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/watered-down-gas-way-more-common-you-may-think-n776016

·
Registered
21 Posts
Red bottle is a combo fuel injector cleaner & water remover. Yellow bottle is what I use. It's just the water remover. Either will work. I use the Techron FI concentrate cleaner too.

·
3,244 Posts
I need to go get the tranny software update done, it may help it.
Had it done and it helped with the aggressive take offs. I have a feeling that my throttle body might be dirty, air intake filter, idle air control valve, or spark plugs. After a lot of research it seems that the biggest possibilities might be the throttle body or idle are control valve. I also suspect the MAF but I will be doing a full cleaning anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
DjAnnexAlpha
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing