Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i have two problems in one here... on frosty mornings like this morning, my car will either start extremely rough, then stall or not start at all... then when i go to shut her off at the top of the hill (at work), she diesels... any suggestions as to why this is... could it be the smaller plunem on the 20v causing the rough/non starts? and what would the dieseling be? remembering it is only on frosty mornings that it does this... any other morning its fine... its annoying :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let’s think about it together. Disieling is possible in the case, when the fuel is in the cylinders and it is flaming because of pressing (as it does in a disiel). But if you switched the ignition off, there must be no any fuel in the cylinders, injectors are not opening and holding a pressure in the fuel system. But if it is frosty, some water or something else could be frozen in the injectors and no to let them shut completely. It could be also a reason of roughly start. If I where you, I’d check and clean the injectors at first.
I hope, you understand my English…
Vladimir.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get what your saying exactly... i never thought of it that way before :) i have been having troubles with the #1 injector since i put it in & even since i got them cleaned... will see what happens when i get round to replacing it... thanks for the thoughts :)

and btw, your english is good ;)

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
another thing you could do with water in the injectors is run some dry-gas throught it. i dont know what you get in australia but i know seafoam helps with water and stuff like that, but since you always had problems with that injector i say might as well replace it and see what happens.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*always* being the 4000km the motors been running :)

But yeh... will try some seafoam (or similar)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts