Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've done a little searching around the tercel forum about a problem i've been having but am getting varying information. my girlfriend drives my old 93 toyota tercel, and lately she's been having problems starting it up and getting it to idle smooth. it's not all the time, just once and a while. a couple times i've tried starting it up for her, the only way to get it to idle properly would be to pump the gas or bring the rpm up to 2 grand for 30 seconds or so. once i get it idling fine it'll run all day. i just recently did a tune up for her, problem's still there. next i was going to try cleaning the fuel injectors, then i came about a thread in here with a guy having similar problems due to a timing belt. now that i think about it, it's running rich, a little blue smoke here and there, and ya it's got 278,000 kms. can anyone think of something else that might be causing the problem? thanks in advance.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
Search for threads here about seafoam. With that many miles it could be a really good thing to try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts