Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, my friend's 00 echo verso's rpm drops 100RPM when he tries to use power window at idle.

is that a battery problem??

many thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
its normal when you use the power window the alternator is charging at a certain voltage then when you push the power window button you are putting a load on the alternator so it will drop the RPMs slightly due to alternator demand.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
hmm...mine only drop significantly like that when ..say if the windows are already opened and i push the button to still lower it ( when it obviously can't) or vice versa. But otherwise it doesn't drop that much

·
Registered
59 Posts
RningOnFumes said:
hmm...mine only drop significantly like that when ..say if the windows are already opened and i push the button to still lower it ( when it obviously can't) or vice versa. But otherwise it doesn't drop that much

it will do it when you push the button when its down cuz you are asking the window to operate even though its down will will cause a current draw, if the rpms drop significantly it may be due to a lack of maintainence

power window motors draw a fair amount of amperage FYI, which is why RPMs will drop

·
Dude wheres my Yaris ??
48 Posts
Damn is this for real ? i never knew that could happen from the windows, do you tyink this is going to happen on the yaris ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts