Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2010 TRD sport, 6 spd manual, 175 miles. It seems that the engine rpm increases when I push in the clutch and release the gas pedal. If I am rolling slowly, say 15 mph and shift into a lower gear, the engine rpm increases when I push in the clutch. Coming to a stop from say 25, release the gas, push in the clutch, the engine rpm will raise anywhere from 1500 to 3000. To put in simpler terms, when I release the gas pedal and push in the clutch, the engine rpm seems to take way too long to go down, sometimes increasing.

Any thoughts?
PS, this isn't the first manual tranny I have driven.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Normal? If he lets off the gas and pushes in the clutch the RPM should drop immediately to idle. At least it has in any manual transmission vehicle I've ever driven. Is there some kind of speed/RPM matching the ECU does in the Taco?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is there some kind of speed/RPM matching the ECU does in the Taco?

I believe there is. Mine does this as well and everyone I know with a manual does the same thing. It must be done because we the drivers are apparently not smart enough to do it. Not my favorite feature but it helps when I let others drive it that are not as smooth

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yet another electric-nanny feature, I guess. That must take some getting used to when you're used to RPM-matching yourself to down-shift. No wonder the OP is having an issue with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. With only 300 miles on the truck, I am going to have the dealer look at it. I have never heard of such a thing, but then again, the last time I worked on a car, it had points and a condenser. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts