Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 toyota tacoma

I have a 99 toyota tacoma with the 2 button remote. Right now the top button unlocks and locks the truck. I was told the bottom button can be programed for another toyota. I was also told it could also be used to change the chirp. Does anyone know how to do this? Sometimes after messing with the remote the doors will lock on there own. How do you set the alarm to do this or not do this? What else will this alarm do and how do I program it do do those things? Does anyone have a manual for this alarm?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
it would all depends on what model alarm you have..... the deale should have a manual... but they are goinna charge like 30 just to program it, and may try to rip you a new one just to buy the manual.....

best bet is to try to find one on ebay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. I called the dealer and you are close. The wanted to charge be $75 to do it and said it couldn't be done with my remote which I know can't be true.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Do you know which model number you have for the Alarm?

I'll scrumage around here and see what info I have, I know I dont have any manuals... ut I may have some of the programing stuff laying around

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Check on "TUNDRA SOLUTIONS" website. I think it's the BEST Toyota truck site there is. I guarantee someone has already posted, or will be able to help you. Funny story; toyota has the RS 3000 system as an (Expensive) option on the tundra's....ITS ALREADY IN THE TRUCK!!! Just had to plug two wires together in the right 'toe guard' area!
MCTOY

PS;"Columbus"...OH or GA?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bottom button is used for programming your alarm, not for another vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts