Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked under the driver seat and have not found the ECU of the RS3000 alarm. I bought the car used and only have 1 remote. I am thinking of buying one online but want to make sure I cam program it. There is a reset button on the ECU to add remotes.

Any ideas where this unit may be?

Thanks

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
It's a black box the size of your palm located near the steering column. It has three wire harness' going into it with a pinhole sized green reset button on the side of it.

Here's a PDF file that will give you an idea of what it looks like and where it's located aswell as programming details.
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02053879E0AF5F13B351D9B526825AFF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK. Still can find it (ECU)! I really would like to buy those remotes in ebay but I need to make sure that I can program the remote. BTW, is the remote considered "dark grey" or black? I know it is not the light gray ones. The FCC numbers in the back are the same for the grey, dark gray and the black. Any assistance?

·
Whining Camry...
Toyota Camry LE
46 Posts
haha, this is weird, I just typed rs3000 remote on google.com and it gave me this faq..

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/toyota-faq/RAV4/section-55.html

even though it's a rav4 wouldn't it be the same?? Hope this help haha

cliff note: "Should be located on left side of dash, remove lower dash panel.

With the doors closed, turn key on and press and hold green button on side of theft module till sec light lites.

Then press one of the buttons on the remote to program. Turn key off and try remote." If that doesn't work, then I'm giving up myself.

Trying my best.. Google can do so much :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did find this faq on google. thx. I do have the original manual which outlines the programming steps. My challenge is finding the ECU. Did try looking under the driver seat. Not there. Will update if I ever find it. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.