Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time finding a new bed mat for my 97 SR5 short box.Does anybody know if the mat for the bed of a short box Tundra will fit.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
Do you have yer old one? If you do, drop by the Toyota dealership and see if it will fit one... ;)

Nice looking truck... :D

I do recall someone having some T100 long bed mats fer sale either in eBay or Craigslist...I just don't have those links available at the moment... :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bam...You're not going to believe this , but some SOB stole my old bed mat....right out of my driveway...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right out of the driveway, huh? Sheesh.. :disappoin

I'm not really sure if this means anything with regard to a bed mat, but I can tell you for certain that a fiberglass camper shell from a '00 Tundra shortbed will fit right on a '97 T100 shortbed.. I occasionally use a shell that came of a '00 Tundra to haul stuff.. Last time, "stuff" was a nubian buck goat.. It beat hauling a trailer.. :D

Only thing I can think that might cause a T100 problems with a Tundra bed mat is that the wheel wells might not be in the same place between the two trucks.. Otherwise, the box dimensions seem to be the same..

Best of luck!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
Sorry to hear that someone stole yer bed mat. What's to prevent them from stealing the new one? :(

Looks like the Tundra bed mat will probably NOT fit in the T100...at least without some modification. Different stock numbers... :(

Toyota World has them listed fer about $95 each... ;)

They can't steal my bed mat...it's under the plastic liner...that's how beat up my T100's bed is. If I didn't stick it under there...the liner would bow down big time... :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
Nice...are you gonna use some 3M tape or glue to keep someone from stealing it this time? ;)

·
Registered
98 4wd T100
21 Posts
Hmmm..I had mine for the last 8 years and do remember paying just over $100.
I have seen other mats but mine is right around 1/4" thick and bought it at "Quality Bumpers" in Mesa AZ.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stop the Presses...I received the bed mat that I ordered yesterday...And I am really disappointed..They sent me a Universal..one size fits all,you make it fit mat..I sent them an email stating that this is not what I had purchased.We will have to wait and see if they can come up with the real deal..either way..this one is going back.

:cursin:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
You could try some of the parts yards.

Here's a listing fer a longbed mat. Doesn't look factory to me. Weight seems about right. :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
Here's a Tundra one in Boise ID... :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,369 Posts
Found this...probably worth giving them a call... :D

Northwest Automotive Warehouse has been in business since 1978. We aim to give you the best in Truck Accessories and Customer Service.
Bed Mats are now in stock for Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota. These mats are made from Nyracord Rubber with a special blend of Fibers and virgin rubber. With up to 50% more protection than our lightweight competition plus a knobby design on the bottom of the mat to make loading and unloading easier.
Bed Mats-$59.95 w/Free Shipping
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-871-6681 or you can visit our website www.nawtruckaccessories.com. You can also email us at [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts