Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up? I just installed my revtek 3 inch system. I am running 285/70/17 on my truck with the stock wheel. I am geeting some rubbing from the upper controll arm. Iam wondering happening. Is it b/c i need a different wheel size like the an 8 inch wide wheel or what. If any one knows why this is happening or if anybody eleses truck is doing the same thing please let me know. I was also told to use 10mm spacers but iam not sure about that either.

Thanks, Nick

·
Tacomania
200 Posts
You should be good with a 1/4" spacer on each side. You can get them at most offroad shops.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Yes, it should get rid of the clearance issue, but I would rather get new wheels than run spacers. I've had bad luck with them. Plus that's just MORE unsprung weight.

·
Registered
707 Posts
285's are too big for stock wheels. I am running 285's on a 9in wheel.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
$1000 for new wheels

or $50 for spacers.

Hmmm... tough decision.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ive got the same exact setup as you (checkout my cardomain page). I had to install 1/4" spaces on the front to clear the control arm. It works fine now, there is only rubbing when I go into reverse at full wheel lock.

Dont listen to these other guys, its not their money or time... just get the spacers if you are happy with your setup.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
mmessier2 said:
Ive got the same exact setup as you (checkout my cardomain page). I had to install 1/4" spaces on the front to clear the control arm. It works fine now, there is only rubbing when I go into reverse at full wheel lock.

Dont listen to these other guys, its not their money or time... just get the spacers if you are happy with your setup.
I was going to point out your truck as an example... but, I couldn't remember your SN. :eek::

1 - 12 of 12 Posts