Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible news or rumors.... its been rumored that next summer the Rav-4 will be equipped with a V6 .... also the toyota FJ cruiser might be released for sale.. and the Echo is being replaced by the Toyota YARIS... but that will take approximately 1-2 years...

And this just in... Sky blue metallic is the ugliest color ever created for the Toyota Camry

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Stillnmax said:
Possible news or rumors.... its been rumored that next summer the Rav-4 will be equipped with a V6 .... also the toyota FJ cruiser might be released for sale.. and the Echo is being replaced by the Toyota YARIS... but that will take approximately 1-2 years...

And this just in... Sky blue metallic is the ugliest color ever created for the Toyota Camry
So basically, More SUV craze, Echo won't be quite as lame, and we still have no sports car. Awesome! :thumbdown

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
uhh... The FJ Cruiser may come out, but as for the Rav-4 with a V6? I dont think so... then it would be in direct competition to the cross-over Kluger. That and it would no longer be a Rav-4, it would be an Rv-6 Land Cruiser Prado.

As for the Echo... It is a Yaris in Eurpoe... Just under a different name Unless you guys are getting the Hatchback, Finally.

So about the only one of those that is partially credible is the one about the FJ Cruiser.. Hovever, they did say 2006-07 for that one.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Hmmm... I haven't seen the release yet, so I'm not sure. It's possible. Either Will or I will confirm this if once we get the press release. But so far I'm doubting it.

And once again Talisman18, Toyota isn't getting any sports cars, Lexus is:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
Hmmm... I haven't seen the release yet, so I'm not sure. It's possible. Either Will or I will confirm this if once we get the press release. But so far I'm doubting it.

And once again Talisman18, Toyota isn't getting any sports cars, Lexus is:rolleyes:
Yes I know. That's my problem. That Toyota doesn't have any sports cars. When Toyota comes up with something I actually care about (read: a real sports car or sedan that has a stick, a real engine, and is not fwd, then let me know.

And as of now, neither Lexus or Scion has anything that counts either unless maybe you want to throw in the IS300 but that car is slow.

You know it's bad when the closest thing a company will have to a sports car is a truck(the upcoming X-runner)

So when Toyota as a company(including lexus and Scion) finally decides to release something worthwhile, someone let me know. Until then, I have really lost faith in Toyota. :disappoin

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
All ye of little faith. Your prayers will be answered soon enough.

More models are coming...you just won't know about it until they arrive. :thumbsup: :rockon:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
But I will. Maybe you missed the Offical Toyota News Provider part :p:

The X-Runner isn't all bad. It can outhandle a Nissan Z. And there is a Supercharger option coming out that will boost it to 300hp. Plus the sweet look :)

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
SmokingTiresV6 said:
^
But I will. Maybe you missed the Offical Toyota News Provider part :p:

The X-Runner isn't all bad. It can outhandle a Nissan Z. And there is a Supercharger option coming out that will boost it to 300hp. Plus the sweet look :)
I never liked small size SUVS. Its Escalade or nothin. :smokin:

But yah, a lex sports car is going to cost fucking thousands just for the lex badge.
Toyota needs one which is pretty affordable and is still good.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
CamNub said:
I never liked small size SUVS. Its Escalade or nothin. :smokin:

But yah, a lex sports car is going to cost fucking thousands just for the lex badge.
Toyota needs one which is pretty affordable and is still good.
Umm.... The X-Runner is a Pick-up man. Based off the Tacoma. Search it.

The Lexus Sports cars are going to be $80,000+. Hense the comparison to AMG.

Asking for an affordable sports car is like saying you want them to give you a styled up pile of crap. Since when has any decent sports car been cheap? Shit, Used Supra's still run $30,000. Decent sports cars don't come cheap.

If you want power, you want quality. Show your support. Start a petition to Toyota to bring out a new sports car. Get some 1000 people to sign it and say that they would buy the car if it were to come out and meet certain standards.

But what you guys don't understand, is Toyota moving away from performance. The Toyota name is moving towards the luxury that Lexus is now (if you haven't noticed the increase in luxury of their cars). Lexus is moving up. And Scion is taking over the low end. And from the way it seems, Scion is going to take over the performance aspect also. I'm guessing in the next few years we will for sure see Superchargers for the xB and xA (same engine, which will be nice having a S/C for the Prius:cool: ), and some sportier cars too.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
What are you talking about? 350z, STI, EVO, RX-8, mazdaspeed Miata, new Mustang GT, GTO, S2K, etc. All of those are affordable Sports cars that perform extremely well.

Toyota can move towards whatever they want. I have already decided that I will be leaving the brand. :disappoin

I will still have my Camry though.:D

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
New Mustang GT :loove: 0-60 in 5.1 seconds :D

A GTO is hardly the affordable they are talking about. They want Celica price with Supra performance. Not gonna happen.

And Toyota doesn't need your business:p:

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Hey, if they can give it to me in the 30k price range, I think that is very affordable.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Yeah, it is. I agree entirely. Shit, I think $32,000 for a Mustang Cobra is reasonable.

But my point is that these other people are a bunch of students that are willing to spend little money on a car. And their looking for a $18,000 car that will perform like a Z06. And it's just not going to happen anytime soon.

And if no one noticed, every performance car Toyota has produced ends up having horrible sales. Hence why the Supra was cancelled, why the Celica and MR-S are cancelled (And yes I know that the MR-S is a crappy car, but that's not the reason sales are low). They are going to bring one back because market research tells them it won't sell.

If you were them, would you risk your $10 billion sales?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Well they still gained ground on competitors even with the non-selling celica and MRS so it couldn't have been hurting them that much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
asg14 ... I personally dont like the color... it does grow on you but its still ehh ... im also coming from the standpoint of inventory control, i have this color in my one camry and its sitting here collecting dust... not only that its a color that nobody seems to want in their inventory....

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's funny how the only car some of you guys want is sports car, sports car and sports car. Have you seen the sales numbers for celicas or MR2s? Yeah, as much as we like sports cars most of us actually prefer SUVs and sedans when it comes down to buying one.

It's true about the RAV though.....next gen will have the V6 option for sure. Even the Hyundai Tucson based on the elantra platform has V6 option now.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts