Toyota Nation Forum banner

Running light bulb replacement

921 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BigAlSequoia 
#1 ·
My driver side front running light went out so I replaced it with a 3157 amber bulb. When I removed the bulb a bunch of red plastic paper fell off of it so I was just assuming it was old. The passenger side looks like the running lights are white on the upper half with the turn signal below being amber. When I replaced the driver side with an amber bulb the entire light assembly looks amber in color not white on the upper half like it does on the passenger side. I replaced the upper bulb with a clear 3157. Now, the driver side is much too low in intensity compared to the passenger side and when I turn on the auto door locks both lights on the driver side flash but only the top light on the passenger side does. What bulb do I need to make this work correctly? Turn signals on both sides are working fine it’s just the upper half of the lens assembly that now looks dull.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Wait - I should have asked if its a 1st or 2nd gen Sequoia. I quoted 4157 for a 2nd gen, perhaps the 1st gen use 3157. If so, I'd just recommend replacing both bulbs with the same type/brand so you have an even start/brightness.

Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.