Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Corolla S
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pass wires through the firewall so I can install LED lights into my foot wells, does anyone know of a place to pass them through?

Thanks

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Corolla S
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is there pictures on the 9th Gen where I can specifically find these? I looked at both the threads and there's no specific location given excluding the passenger's side. But where exactly?

Thanks

·
Registered
04 Corolla 69 Chargr
155 Posts
for no more current then you will be drawing (probably) there are a ton of points you could pull power from- the power points/cig lighters spring to mind. there are others-
just a thought. I have drilled a hole through the fire wall (wouldnt recommend) and there are lots of places a small wire could piggyback thru

·
Registered
2012 Camry+2014 Sienna+2007 Corolla+2014 Corolla
800 Posts
I'm trying to get an RCA connector thru the firewall of a 2007 Corolla, it's 3/8" in diameter and so far no luck finding a way to do so. I hate to drill a big hole and had to silicone up, so I'm looking for the easiest way to do this. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
I had to slide a four pin connector much larger than 3/8 for my fog lights. I did it through the common wiring harness grommet. I taped it to a Philips screwdriver, after silicone spraying it. Was fine. I did it all the time when I I stalled radios.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You may of course amputate RCA plug and reattach or attach a new one. Many years ago, I'd prefer USA-made Switchcraft brand for good performance and not too bad pricing. Parts Express offers many choices now. HTH.

·
Registered
2012 Camry+2014 Sienna+2007 Corolla+2014 Corolla
800 Posts
I had to slide a four pin connector much larger than 3/8 for my fog lights. I did it through the common wiring harness grommet. I taped it to a Philips screwdriver, after silicone spraying it. Was fine. I did it all the time when I I stalled radios.

I found the common wire grommet you mentioned above, it's pretty tight I'm not sure the grommet will stretch enough to get my RCA plug thru. I'll give it a try hopefully it'll work.

You may of course amputate RCA plug and reattach or attach a new one. Many years ago, I'd prefer USA-made Switchcraft brand for good performance and not too bad pricing. Parts Express offers many choices now. HTH.

I try not to cut and reattach the connector, chances are I'll screw up.

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Trust me. If I can fit a flat four pin connector through, it'll be fine. I'd also recommend taping up the end of the screwdriver as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts