Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my new Tacoma on 02-22-07. I ran my truck through the auto car wash today, after wash I noticed 4 small rust spots (about the size of a pea) on the rear bumper. I do live in N.W. Indiana, lots of salt on the road, but I wash my truck about 1-2 times a week. My question is, do you guys/gals think the warranty will cover this? I would like to know where I stand before I take my truck to the Stealership. Thanks.

·
Registered
'08 Tacoma SR5 #2
64 Posts
im sure if u had done some searching u would have noticed a few guys have come in with quite the same problem....do some searching i believe many of the guys in here have gotten new bumpers from the dealer....i just bought an 08 and i think i have figured out why this is happening.....get under the truck and look behind the bumper....there should be a thin layer of a black material which covers the bumper's backside.....if that protectant material has begun to chip away then i think we kno where the problem is....i noticed on my truck it has begun to chip a bit already behinf the license plate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts