Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I can see, aren't you supposed to soak the part down into the evaporust?
It's called a rag/sponge that's dipped in the stuff... ;)

You could probably git some plumber's putty and build a trough fer the stuff and just pour it on there. I'd build them in small sections so if it does leak...you only lose from that one section and not the whole thing.

You could also take the bumper off and soak it from behind...just make sure you either have it recoated or use some decent bed liner spray and coat it. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey bam,
Do you think that would be good for rust around rear wheel wells? I've been thinking, since I can't paint my truck in the forseeable future, I wanted to get rid of the rust, maybe bondo the rusted out sections and paint that. What do you think?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How bad is the rust? Most people just cut it out and reweld sheet metal back in it's place. Grind and primer/paint. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got my extend-a-fender flares for $20 on ebay. Someone bought 'em but never installed! :-D
I bought them with the intention of cutting out and covering up the rust, but my father-in-law ended up welding in all new metal anyway.

I looked for ever online to find information about their dimensions (to find out if they would cover my rust for sure or not) but never found anything. If you guys want I'll get the exact dimensions for the extend-a-fenders I think it's a bout 3.5" (like a 2"x4"!). You can also get an idea from a pic:

If you have the trim pieces like I do they will need to be trimmed down, and best just removed from the front fender.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Robie,

Your T100 is sharp! I wish my Black T100 looked the same. I need to cover up a couple of inches of rust through on my vehicle, do you think these flares will do the trick? Do you still own the truck? Going to Ithaca this week to pick up a trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts