Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Camry last week and I was wondering about rustproofing. The dealer wants to sell me rustproofing for 499 with warranty etc... Do you think this is worth it? What should I do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
my thoughts

I just bought a 2010 Camry last week and I was wondering about rustproofing. The dealer wants to sell me rustproofing for 499 with warranty etc... Do you think this is worth it? What should I do?
I am in the same situation - just put a downpayment on a 2010 SE and the dealer here in Calgary wanted to sell me all the extended warrenties and Premimum protection plans. Since I have to wait 3.5 months to get my vehicle, I told them I was going to do some research first. Turns out I can get the same protection packages (rust-proofing, undercoating, etc.) for about half the price at other places around town.
My advice - look around.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
Most rust proofing shops will drill holes in the body... including the shop that does it for your dealer.

Ask the shop not to drill, it can be done through weather stripping clips, access holes plugged at factory, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts