Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To moderators, don't move this to the buy and sell, it's no ad. :\
I know a guy selling an FC. The body is, liek, perfect, no rust, no scratches, I think it has one dent that's literally liek nothing. Perfect interior, everything stock and next to new. In Red, GX model, for $1500... what's the problem? Its missing an engine. :( The car is in perfect condition next to this. So, what I wanna know, is.. do you guys think this is worth it? Rotary's are hard to get you hands on these days, especially for an FC model. So, shoudl I ask for a lower price? Or should I just straight out tell'em it's a rip and not worth my time? I'll get some pics in a while. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the rear of the car, the front is in just as good condition. No plates, as you can see. I don't knwo if this was exclusive teh the GX or not, but it had not intake on the hood, which probably means it 'WAS' an NA car.

Here's the RX-7 logo for fun, you can see up close, this car is in excelent condition.

·
Tabarnak chu où?
94 Posts
I'd say rip off...

it's an old RX-7 model.... plus no engine...

I wouldn't give more than $1000 CAN for it.... and that's only if I have a fair assurance that I can get an engine for it....

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Man, my brother got his Turbo II RX-7, 1989 model, for $1500, and it came with a HKS intake, Blitz BOV, and aftermarket exhaust. So I say $1500 for the body alone is too much.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
If the rest of the car is in as good a shape as the pictures appear, it's likely worth it. Again, it depends on engines (they aren't that hard to get). Price to install is the key to it. Painfully, you can't test drive it to find out everything that may not work right. They typically sell for 4-6k in presumably alright condition.

·
Rotor > Piston
91 Camry, 90 RX7
411 Posts
1500 is too much. With the engine gone you can do a TII conversion, but thats gonna cost you a lot too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts