Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February 2018:
  • Purchased the car completely stock with only 18,000 KM as my first car.

June 2018:

• About 4 month into owning the car I decided to upgrade to some 195/50 R15 tires and Japan Racing JR6 wheels all around.
  • I ended up rolling the fenders to make the wheels fit properly.

November 2018:

• Installed a brand new 2 inch header back exhaust as the original one got punctured after hitting a pothole (Luckily there was no other damage to the car)

December 2018:
  • The car got backed into by a drunk construction worker in a truck. The Insurance ended up totaling the car due to "lack of OEM parts"
  • I ended up getting payed out €1500 due to the condition of the car after several insurance officials looking the car over. Luckily I managed to keep the car from getting scrapped by the insurance company.

January 2019:

• Started getting the car fixed at a friend's body shop after several body shops insisted I cut out the whole quarter panel and replace it.
  • I insisted on keeping the factory seam welds intact to prevent rust in the future.

February 2019:
  • The car is finally ready to go back on the road! The car passed it's road inspection successfully making it road legal once again!
  • Color matched the rear bumper and installed a set of Japanese spec rear tail lights and garnish to match.
  • At this point I decided to turn the car into more of a weekend project car and I stopped daily driving it.

August 2019:
  • Finally managed to get my hands on a surprisingly hard to find rear windshield visor / roof spoiler

The future:

• Over the last almost 2 years of ownership I've amassed quite a few parts which I still need to find some time to install.
  • I will be converting the front end to the Japanese Sprinter Saloon bumper and CE92 wagon headlights and grille.
  • I have a couple of other goodies including Levin GT-Z front calipers / discs and an AE101 brake backing plate, Cusco strut bar and a couple of other miscellaneous bits and bobs I have sitting in storage. Hopefully this December I will be moving to a larger
  • Garage which will allow me to start think about an engine swap and suspension work.

·
Registered
772 Posts
February 2018:
  • Purchased the car completely stock with only 18,000 KM as my first car.
View attachment 281867

June 2018:

• About 4 month into owning the car I decided to upgrade to some 195/50 R15 tires and Japan Racing JR6 wheels all around.
  • I ended up rolling the fenders to make the wheels fit properly.
View attachment 281868

November 2018:

• Installed a brand new 2 inch header back exhaust as the original one got punctured after hitting a pothole (Luckily there was no other damage to the car)
View attachment 281869

December 2018:
  • The car got backed into by a drunk construction worker in a truck. The Insurance ended up totaling the car due to "lack of OEM parts"
  • I ended up getting payed out €1500 due to the condition of the car after several insurance officials looking the car over. Luckily I managed to keep the car from getting scrapped by the insurance company.
View attachment 281870

January 2019:

• Started getting the car fixed at a friend's body shop after several body shops insisted I cut out the whole quarter panel and replace it.
  • I insisted on keeping the factory seam welds intact to prevent rust in the future.
View attachment 281871

View attachment 281872

February 2019:
  • The car is finally ready to go back on the road! The car passed it's road inspection successfully making it road legal once again!
  • Color matched the rear bumper and installed a set of Japanese spec rear tail lights and garnish to match.
  • At this point I decided to turn the car into more of a weekend project car and I stopped daily driving it.
View attachment 281873

View attachment 281874

August 2019:
  • Finally managed to get my hands on a surprisingly hard to find rear windshield visor / roof spoiler
View attachment 281875

The future:

• Over the last almost 2 years of ownership I've amassed quite a few parts which I still need to find some time to install.
  • I will be converting the front end to the Japanese Sprinter Saloon bumper and CE92 wagon headlights and grille.
  • I have a couple of other goodies including Levin GT-Z front calipers / discs and an AE101 brake backing plate, Cusco strut bar and a couple of other miscellaneous bits and bobs I have sitting in storage. Hopefully this December I will be moving to a larger
  • Garage which will allow me to start think about an engine swap and suspension work.
View attachment 281878
Very nice looking ride you've got. :) I wish my 92 Geo Prizm sedan (a Corolla Clone) had that few of miles or looked that clean. Your modifications are tastefully done as well. The repair to the right quarter is excellent, and looks good. Very nice car.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club?

That looks nice! I wonder how many 6th gens have this few kilometers/miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and welcome to the club?

That looks nice! I wonder how many 6th gens have this few kilometers/miles.

If I remember correctly there was a coupe with even lower miles over here but it's a permanent garage queen.
I even saw one with around 80,000 KM (50,000 Miles) in a junk yard. At least I managed to grab some parts before they crushed it. Unfortunately you cannot buy cars from the junk yard once they're in there.( I know a guy that wanted to buy the shell to turn it into a race car) So sadly the car probably got crushed shortly after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
ThatGreyAE92
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing