Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First are there any shops in the MD, PA, VA, area that could do the swap to a 91 n/a, and what could I expect on pricing. Second about how much hp is needed to make a mid 12 second pass with good driving.... would 300rwhp be enough... thanks Im kinda new to the MR2 (been stuck on the honda wagon) but I got a good deal on one so I thought I would give it a try. Also wondering if it would be easier to put a turbo in the existing motor... Final ? (for now) what are some good www's with good aftermarket support.

Thanks

I also have a 00 superchargerd solara for sale name your price

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I would highly suggest that you go with a JDM 3rd gen 3SGTE:thumbup: Somewhere around 240-250HP stock at the crank. More or less your looking at around $2,000 for the motor, tranny, ecu, etc.

Installation will probably run you another $2,000 depending on what shop you take it to(unless you plan on doing it yourself) But you should highly research any shop and make sure they have a good reputation before you let them touch your car

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Mr2warehouse probably has the best reputation for your area. I believe j&h is from PA... so he might be able to suggest some other places. $2k for a 3rd gen seems a little low... I paid that for my 2nd gen.... and $800 for the swap.

I just pulled up MR2Warehouse's prices.... looks more like what I paid. I paid a little less for the clip.... but I didn't get LSD.

2nd Gen. - $2,400 + $800 installation.
3rd Gen. - $3,500 + $800 installation.

I know a lot of people order clutches through them because they give a pretty good price. And I've talked to a couple of people that have had swaps done there.... both happy.

Another thing you might want to consider is the availability of parts. If you end up getting a 3rd gen motor... you are going to have a pretty difficult time getting a hold of parts. With a gen2... parts are usually just a phone call away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks again, is there a big difference in the 2nd and 3rd generation.... also where can I get the flush mount headlights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts